SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased a DICE/VIDA from ebay.
And then tried to chase down a laptop which had XP on it just to ensure i had no issues installing.
Long story short

COULD NOT get VIDA 2012a installed onto windows XP pro SP3 no matter how many different instructions i tried and unintalls of MSXML .net or SQL express, even wiped the machine 3 times to try different variants of software install sequences.

Gave up and installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, ran the VIDA install straight from a fresh Windows install and had absolutely no problems. NO Virtual machine , xp mode or compatiblility mode, just straight into WIndows 7

So just giving you guys a heads up.

On a seperate note, is there a way to remove the "stop neutral" instruction with VIDA("china version") ?

I'm still kinda meddling my way around it and i'm not sure how to read error codes , i have an issue where my DSTC service required comes on erratically and i'm trying to find out why.

Hope the above info helps someone or saves them time (lord knows i spent a good 10hours trying to get vida to install) and thank you anyone who can help me ;)

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
And then tried to chase down a laptop which had XP on it just to ensure i had no issues installing.
Long story short

COULD NOT get VIDA 2012a installed onto windows XP pro SP3 no matter how many different instructions i tried and unintalls of MSXML .net or SQL express, even wiped the machine 3 times to try different variants of software install sequences.

Gave up and installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, ran the VIDA install straight from a fresh Windows install and had absolutely no problems. NO Virtual machine , xp mode or compatiblility mode, just straight into WIndows 7

On a seperate note, is there a way to remove the "stop neutral" instruction with VIDA("china version") ?

I'm still kinda meddling my way around it and i'm not sure how to read error codes , i have an issue where my DSTC service required comes on erratically and i'm trying to find out why.

Hope the above info helps someone or saves them time (lord knows i spent a good 10hours trying to get vida to install) and thank you anyone who can help me ;)
interesting.. I just tried to install 2012B on a windows 7 machine and it didn't work... It maybe it only works on ultimate?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you installed it on home premium it may not work because of the requirement to install the sql express would seem like something that would only install on pro or ultimate

·
Registered
2 Posts
Long story short

Hi, did you install the windows updates before vida?

·
Registered
5 Posts
questions:
1) 32-bit or 64-bit version of windows 7? (to find out, click Start, then Right-click Computer)
2) did your DiCE driver install and connect to Vida correctly (i.e., you can read codes from a car)?

My 2012 Vida worked on Win7 Pro 64-bit, but my DiCE driver install failed. Both worked for me on the same machine in the XP Mode VM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
questions:
1) 32-bit or 64-bit version of windows 7? (to find out, click Start, then Right-click Computer)
2) did your DiCE driver install and connect to Vida correctly (i.e., you can read codes from a car)?

My 2012 Vida worked on Win7 Pro 64-bit, but my DiCE driver install failed. Both worked for me on the same machine in the XP Mode VM.
Thanks! I'll give Win7 Pro a go, just tried Win7 ultimate including in XP mode and still getting the same errors.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Did you get the install to work? The requirements that came with my VIDA 2012A say it will work with Vista, but I cannot get it to work. I keep having the error that one or more things are not compatible. I'm debating to upgrade to windows 7, but want to make sure it will work if I load 7 PRO.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
nice

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got mine to run Windows 7 Pro SP1 with NO Virtual machine use. IE 10. I had to run the apps as administrator. You may have success also tagging the programs as Vista or Xp compatible.
The DiCE driver was a real PIA. There is a thread on the forum about a UART driver update (included below) and once I loaded up that,success! the Diagapp.exe was able to connect with the DiCE box.

However, when I connect the OBDII to the XC90, it immediately throws a BRAKE SYSTEM FAILURE ! code, which is kinda ironic since that is the last code I saw before my V70R burnt to the ground in a ball of flame.

So not sure what is going on there with the ODB cable/plug I might try it on another Volvo when I get the chance I guess.

http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/P...CPDrivers.aspx
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...und-CP2102-USB-to-Uart-Bridge-controller-Dice

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
I ended up getting everything to work and was able to complete my SUM calibration.
Thats what I'm currently trying to do.
(Dealer hasn't been very nice to me since I told them to immediately replace the DEXTRON 3 oil in my gearbox from a recent transmission service)

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
hey at least they are supplying you with a right angle USB cable.

$60 versus $1000+ from SPX tools (Volvo garage tool supplier)....you tell me if you think it is legit.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
hey at least they are supplying you with a right angle USB cable.

$60 versus $1000+ from SPX tools (Volvo garage tool supplier)....you tell me if you think it is legit.
I know its a fake but if it still works and functions 100% like the real thing then maybe its $60 well spent.?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts