SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so since this is my first volvo, im not sure if this is normal but figured i'd get some answers here. <br>When i press the gas pedal there is a vibration/shaking right under my foot.<br>Is this normal, and if not then what could it be?<br>

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (Bender)

Its a 2002 s60 2.4t, t5, awd, automatic<br>112,000 kms<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by SweedRace at 9:00 AM 7-29-2009</i>

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Bender)

this might be a really stupid question but where can i find the tranny mount?<br>is there only 1?<br>and if someone can post pictures that would be really really helpful.<br>thnx

·
Registered
128 Posts
<A HREF="http://www.ipdusa.com/Volvo-S60/Engine/Engine-Mounts/Heavy-Duty-Polyurethane-Transmission-Mount/p-74-392-761-3330" TARGET="_blank">http://www.ipdusa.com/Volvo-S6...-3330</A>/<p>The stock tranny mount is black, and the one in the pic is the blue one. If you look under and behind the front bumper on the drivers side you should be able to see it. I'm not sure if you'll have to remove the shield to see it (mine is off) so take a quick look first if not, you may have to remove it. Also check the upper engine mount, that may need replacing at your mileage. That is connected to the strut bar on the top of the engine pretty much dead and center.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Is it just the larger bushing which goes bad? What about the smaller one?<p>Or... Is that very-much a performance based part, that IPD trans mount?

·
Registered
128 Posts
the smaller one goes bad too, but it seems like the larger one takes more of a beating. I believe ipd was working on the smaller mount??? that part is somewhat a performance based part but it lasts longer than the stock part and is stiffer than the stock, producing some benefits. I haven't put one on yet but I hear a bit smoother shifting and a crisper throttle response.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts