SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 S60 (non-turbo) with auto tranny and 43,000 miles.<p>Whenever I press the accelerator pedal I hear a low vibration/whining that builds in pitch as I press the pedal further. As soon as I stop pressing the pedal it stops. It sounds like a very fast vibration of some kind from the front of the car in the center.<p>The oil is fine and the car has been regularly maintained on schedule.<p>Does anyone have any clues? Father-in-law thinks it is transmission-related.<p>Any help would be apreciated.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Hello Your from Volvospeed aren't you?<p>It could be a wheel bearing, Over the years I've noticed a lot of wheel bearings make different sounds. <p>The normal test is to go down an empty road at a decent speed I think its around 25-35mph and then start weaving left and right in nice swooping turns. I think (don't exactly remember) that when turning left and you hear a sound, it is the right wheel bearing and other way around going right<p><br>It could be a number of things, It could be a drive shaft, The passenger side has a bearing which could also be problem but less likely<p><br>Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts