SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I listen to loud music with some base the right door panel makes a vibration. If I push the section above the door handle (on inside) it stops the buzzing. Probably something is loose inside? Does anyone know how I can open the panel and tighten things in there? :)

·
3,391 Posts
I'm sorry to bring such an old thread back from the dead, but my 08 S80 is doing the same thing. At first I thought it was a blown speaker, but if you push on the door panel, the rattle goes away.

Has anybody fixed this? If not, does anyone know how to remove the door panel? I believe the door panels are the same between the V70 and S80.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think mine might be doing this as well @ around 1,200 miles on the odometer. Took it on its first big road trip this weekend, and only with the stereo on (not from bumps in the road with it off) sounds like a right side, front door panel is rattling/blown speaker. I got in late at night, so didn't feel like troubleshooting it then. I'll take a look at it later tonight if I remember, and if it repeats, I'll take it up to the dealer to see.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think mine might be doing this as well @ around 1,200 miles on the odometer. Took it on its first big road trip this weekend, and only with the stereo on (not from bumps in the road with it off) sounds like a right side, front door panel is rattling/blown speaker. I got in late at night, so didn't feel like troubleshooting it then. I'll take a look at it later tonight if I remember, and if it repeats, I'll take it up to the dealer to see.
Must have been something else in the cabin, as I can't duplicate it now. Go figure. I'll take it though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My XC70 had a similar problem on my first trip. The car was only weeks old at the time. Driving on the interstate called for increased volume and that caused a sound similar to a blown speaker in the left door. When I returned home, the dealer fixed it easily. Turns out that a screw had come loose that allowed the wiring to rest on the speaker and resonate with the sound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts