SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, english is not my native language but i will try to explain my problem. Thank you very much in advance !

My car is xc90 2009 model and at 330t km, there is no fault light in my car and when they connected it to the computer they could not see any problem.
Also ( No vibration in tachometer)
The car is running normally but usually between 60km/h and 80 km/h when the tachometer is in the range of 1500 1600 1800 rpm.
there is a vibration in the car, if i accelerate, this vibration does not happen but if i go at a constant speed this vibration happens sometimes like plane turbulence,
also when this happens if i take my foot off the gas it instantly goes back to normal.
Also, when I take it to manual and try, if I go 1 gear lower than the gear the car will go, there is no problem.
Also, there is no shaking in gear shifts.

So either i have to drive aggressively or take it to manual and downshift, no problem above 2000+ rpm
Also, this problem does not happen at speeds like 20 30 40km/h , (just 60-80 maybe 90 )
( Axis ,suspension arms , and many parts already checked )
a friend of mine said it might be a torque converter but he"snot sure.
Also the gearbox oil was changed some 30 thousand km ago.

(It's been 15,000 miles since I bought the car and it's only been a few thousand miles since I started feeling this problem. )

I really need your help, have a nice day !

·
Registered
533 Posts
What engine?
Were the motor mounts ever replaced?
If you have a diesel and if equipped, are your vacuum-assisted motor mounts holding vacuum? (lots of YouTube videos how to DIY test your motor mounts for vacuum leaks).
Can you research at which RPM the vacuum-assisted motor mounts are "on/off"?

My 3.2 had vibrations at idle which were reduced by replacing all mounts with OE at 14x,000 km.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What engine?
Were the motor mounts ever replaced?
If you have a diesel and if equipped, are your vacuum-assisted motor mounts holding vacuum? (lots of YouTube videos how to DIY test your motor mounts for vacuum leaks).

My 3.2 had vibrations at idle which were reduced by replacing all mounts with OE at 14x,000 km.
thank you for your answer, sorry i forgot to say it , ( D5 2.4 Diesel engine ) local garage checked the engine mounts and said it's not caused by this ,.

( I don't have much technical knowledge about cars but I will try to learn )

·
Registered
2014 XC90 3.2L
355 Posts
Sounds to me like torque converter shudder. Does the D5 also use the TF80 transmission? If it does, that's where my money is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds to me like torque converter shudder. Does the D5 also use the TF80 transmission? If it does, that's where my money is.
Yes,TF80-SC (maybe it would be helpful to wash the gearbox and change the oil ) it worked for some people.

·
Registered
2014 XC90 3.2L
355 Posts
Yes,TF80-SC (maybe it would be helpful to wash the gearbox and change the oil ) it worked for some people.
You're certainly welcome to try. It didn't do anything for me though, and neither did a new valve body. Make sure to use the correct spec of fluid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts