SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an odd problem: I'll be backing out of my driveway and I notice the little dialing icon in the corner of the driver's console. Each time, the number it says it is dialing is my own cell phone - the only phone that has a BT profile stored in my Volvo. I hit the hang up button, and it will redial again instantly, and then I hang up two or three more times before it stops doing it. Sometimes I have to do a AAOS reboot to get it to stop.

Last night, I'm on the way home from work, and it spontaneously started doing this again. I kept hanging up, and it would instantly redial. Again, and again. It wouldn't let me list to music or use other audio functions. It would (and this gets real odd) allow me to dial out though.

The only way I was able to get this to stop was to turn off Bluetooth completely in the vehicle.

When I got home last night, I reset AAOS, reset the TCAM, turned the car on and off, and then removed the phone's bluetooth profile and then reconnected. The problem immediately reappeared.

The only way to get the whole loop to stop was to leave the car over night, let it go competely to sleep, and then it was fine in the morning.

What the heck is going on?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a Samsung Ultra 22,

Nothing is happening on my phone when the Volvo does this. I can even have the bluetooth on my phone disabled.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
That's a new one for me... tagging on to learn

Edit... didn't someone recently say their car was mysteriously calling someone? Like they could hear a phone dialing tone? I wonder if it's related.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I have a Samsung Ultra 22,

Nothing is happening on my phone when the Volvo does this. I can even have the bluetooth on my phone disabled.
I have the same phone (but not same car...) are you sure there isn't some Bixby Routine running?

So the "car" is calling your phone? Not your phone is calling itself and being displayed in the car (that is what I initially thought)? What is the calling from number, different than your phone? (don't post it here...)
Does it get logged? Can you answer it? (and if you do, do you hear yourself like an echo?)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the same phone (but not same car...) are you sure there isn't some Bixby Routine running?

So the "car" is calling your phone? Not your phone is calling itself and being displayed in the car (that is what I initially thought)? What is the calling from number, different than your phone? (don't post it here...)
Does it get logged? Can you answer it? (and if you do, do you hear yourself like an echo?)
I don't think anything is actually being "called". The car is giving me a message that it is trying to call my phone number but nothing is happening.

I don't see a "calling from" number on the screen. You get a little icon on the driver's console where it shows you a phone symbol, and a microphone symbol, and the number being dialed.

if you click on phone on the center screen, you see the number being dialed.

It has nothing to do with Bixby or routines (none of which I have running on my phone, btw). My phone wasn't dialing. I continued to have the problem on my phone even after I disabled BT.

Reactions: rockstarjake79

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I don't think anything is actually being "called". The car is giving me a message that it is trying to call my phone number but nothing is happening.

I don't see a "calling from" number on the screen. You get a little icon on the driver's console where it shows you a phone symbol, and a microphone symbol, and the number being dialed.

if you click on phone on the center screen, you see the number being dialed.

It has nothing to do with Bixby or routines (none of which I have running on my phone, btw). My phone wasn't dialing. I continued to have the problem on my phone even after I disabled BT.
Does it happen without ANY phone in the car at all?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's a good question and one that I can't answer because I only own one phone. I can sync my significant other's phone to the car (she has an iPhone) and see what happens though.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Exact same experience when I upgraded my phone to Samsung Ultra 22, which is what OP has. But on a Sensus XC60 2018.

No calls were ever listed in the call log.

Most likely a Bluetooth interaction with Samsung specific phone.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I'm glad I'm not going insane.

The post script is that I got it to stop. Reboots, turning the car off, reseting TCAM, deleting bluetooth profile all failed. It was once again letting it sit overnight and go completely to sleep that addressed the issue.

It's a very intermittent problem which makes it even harder to grasp.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hmm - if the phone is dialing its own number it's likely attempting to connect to voicemail.
Phone isn't dialing. Car shows phone is dialing itself but nothing happens on the phone.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Once again, the phone is not dialing. The car shows it dialing but it is not. That's the issue a few of us are having.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Once again, the phone is not dialing. The car shows it dialing but it is not. That's the issue a few of us are having.
The car doesn't initiate the call. AAOS requires a connected Bluetooth device to initiate a call. Else, it requires the user to initiate a call by voice, or through the AAOS dialer - both of which don't actually dial but send commands to the connected Bluetooth device to dial. At least I'm pretty sure that is how it works. pretty strange how the S22 phone is common in the issue.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's not true. You give a verbal command to AAOS and it the communicates with your phone. In that sense, it's basically like a hands free speaker. Yes, the phone is doing the dialing but the command is coming from the car. I believe that's what is happening is that AAOS is stuck in some kind of loop, it's continually trying to pass the call info to the phone.

Note that my S22 was not even in the car the last time this happened.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts