SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I took over the car I noticed that it was getting about 20 to 24 mpg with combined city/highway driving. Recently, the "check engine" light came on, I took the car to the dealer and they replaced the barometric sensor. Then I filled the tank up to the 18 gallon mark on Saturday and have only driven 58 miles yet the tank is at 14 gallons. If I'm doing my math correctly, that's a little less than 15 mpg. I will admit that most of this has been via city driving (no highway at all actually) and the A/C's been on most of the time. <p>So I took the car in to the shop and they ran a bunch of tests, diagnotics, etc and everything seems to check out fine. He even suggested that maybe something wasn't reset when the new sensor was installed so he checked that and it had been done correctly. <p>Should I just assume that my car sucks up gasoline? Or is there something else that you guys can recommend? Thank you.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Re: very low MPG but shop says everything checks out fine. (brandnewsean)

How do you know that there is 14 gallons in your tank. Did you dump out the gasoline that is in there and meter it? Or are you just taking your gauges word for it? I'd wait until you fill up next time to take another reading.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts