SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I got my factory order delivered and found that because of a mistake in the ordering process my XC-60 is not R-Design. The day I found it was a hell. I was struggling to find alternatives to get an R-Design the way I wanted. All the alternatives failed for various reasons but in the last moment I changed my mind and bought the car as is (without R-Design). I am supper happy with my decision.

Specs: T6 AWD, Premium Silver w/ Black interior, Convenience and Multimedia pkgs., BLIS.

The car is amazing. I love the ride as well as the features and the design. No wind noise. The Sensus system is good but it has some bugs I found and I have to live with. Is Sensus software update something I can hope for?

I have one question about the gas pedal: When starting the car cold and pushing the gas pedal for the very first time I get some sort of strange reaction back from the pedal like there is some sort of string or something adjusting, or like the gas pedal resistance gets adjusted. From there on everything is smooth. Is anybody experiencing the same? Is this something I should worry about?

·
Registered
401 Posts
~ congrats on your new xc60 - please post some pics when you get time! :D

·
Registered
458 Posts
I don't feel any resistance in the pedal like you describe.

I am constantly surprised by how little throttle it takes to make the car lurch from a stop. A tiny little touch and off it goes.

Congrats!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Wow, that must have been a awkward moment when you found out about the ordering mixup!
Glad you like the T6!
Many safe and happy miles.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I found what the issue is... it is because of the new "hand break" I sometimes forget it on and it gets decoupled automatically when I start driving.
I need more time learting to use the "hand break" with the left hand. (my previous car had the right hand lever).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Finally Seattle's weather allowed me to get some pictures taken...

Closeup of the mud guards... I installed them myself in 15 minutes.

And BTW the issue above was not caused by the parking break but is not an issue anymore. :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi Dan!
Your photos are really nice! The XC60 really looks great in that color.
Did you add the mud flaps yourself or was that a dealer option?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Do they rivet on or screw on? Did you have to remove the wheels to gain access?
I have a set on order... they have not yet arrived.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice Pics Dan! I live in Seattle as well and have a XC60 on order. Can't wait to get it!

Curiously, what floor mats and mud flaps did you get? Both will come in handy in our weather.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
They screw on. The kit comes with the screws but I reused the existing ones which you already have on the car. They looked the same to me. Also you get an extra sort of a plastic nut (don't know the name but is the one where you have to push a pin through) for which you have to dril a hole.

No I did not take the wheels off. For the front one you just turn them to ger space and for the rear ones I used a drill bit in a vise whench which did the job very easy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you! Nice to see more XC60 in the Seattle area... interesting fact I'vee seen more XC60 on the streets before I got mine :).
Waiting is hard, but is well worth.

Curiously, what floor mats and mud flaps did you get? Both will come in handy in our weather.
I got the Volvo rubber mats and I like them a lot. They blend in very nicely.
The mud flaps are Volvo OEM. I got them from a Volvo dealer on EBay since the my local dealer was asking triple the price I payed... although that would have included installation.

·
Registered
44 Posts
hi dan - those flaps look really cool. Where did you order the mud flaps from? How much did they cost? I have a OSD order for XC60 later this month.

thanks
sho

·
Registered
278 Posts
Definitley like the mud flaps and ordered mine today. I work on dirt road - was wondering why I get mud on the door handles - this should help! I think yours look so good because the flaps match the colors of the rubber trim. One question for the group,... I have a Red R Design - that same area that the flaps will be on is painted red. Is this going to look OK? I saw in an older post, someone painted their flaps to macth the colors on their R design, but it was black anyway so not a big difference going from flat to gloss...

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Definitley like the mud flaps and ordered mine today. I work on dirt road - was wondering why I get mud on the door handles - this should help! I think yours look so good because the flaps match the colors of the rubber trim. One question for the group,... I have a Red R Design - that same area that the flaps will be on is painted red. Is this going to look OK? I saw in an older post, someone painted their flaps to macth the colors on their R design, but it was black anyway so not a big difference going from flat to gloss...

We colored matched ours on an Electric Silver R-Design and it came out good; not a 100% color match, but close enough. No more dirt shooting up the sides, lol!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Just finished installing the front and back mudflaps - 30 minutes total - too easy. For now I will leave them the flat black. Does not look too bad. Not sure if I would want to try to match the red and then figure they would get chipped up continually. Anyway, if not for this forum I might not have even realized mudflaps were available. Thanks!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Glad they were easy to install. I agree, that painting them may just lead to a constant chip and touch up situation. PureDrive07 will have to inform us how the paint holds up in real life.

BTW, my service manager told me that the front mud flaps will stop the side scuff plates and door handles from getting quickly nicked up due to road debris and rocks. So to that end, I bet they are a good idea. Also, are you aware that there are interior door sill trim plates? These fit on the door sill, front and back. There are two variants, one type is illuminated so that they glow a blue VOLVO when the doors are opened. The other set is non illuminated. I have ordered the non illuminated version (much less expensive).

·
Registered
278 Posts
Seems like I have some kind of door well plates as part of the R Design package or are you talking something else... I will look.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Last I checked the installation steps for the illuminated ones were super complicated... at least for someone like me who does not feel comfortable messing with the car interior.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts