SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
The sunroof glass on my V70XC doesn’t seem to sit as high as it should at the back with the sunroof in full close position. I also have an S60 that I can compare it to and the S60 sits much higher and flush with the roof line. Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the resting position of the glass when closed?

See pics below for reference. Blue is my V70XC and grey is the S60.

2002 V70XC, 2003 V40, 2004 S60, 2010 V70

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
Pop the vanity shades out sideways. 4 torx screws will be visible. Loosen and adjust the glass as you want.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Pop the vanity shades out sideways. 4 torx screws will be visible. Loosen and adjust the glass as you want.
^^^ I concur with above. Just recently tightened the rear ones down on mine as my glass was flapping around whenever on the highway. Just grab the shade gently at the top with some needle nose pliers to pop it out of the retaining clips. 3 clips on each side hold it on. It's probably easiest work the glass closed. The bolts ScottishBrick refers to are T25. Pretty simple job, should only take you about 10-15 minutes to do.

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys - feeling a bit stupid here but what do you mean by “pop the vanity shades out sideways?” Are you referring to the sun visors?

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Thanks guys - feeling a bit stupid here but what do you mean by “pop the vanity shades out sideways?” Are you referring to the sun visors?

Not stupid at all! It's the flex accordion looking part that's on each side of the sunroof glass where you need to pull back to get to the torx bolts you have to loosen to make the vertical glass adjustments. That's the part I refer to above to gently pull at with needle nose pliers.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not stupid at all! It's the flex accordion looking part that's on each side of the sunroof glass where you need to pull back to get to the torx bolts you have to loosen to make the vertical glass adjustments. That's the part I refer to above to gently pull at with needle nose pliers.

Ah, ok got it. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
The old flex accordion will break, so buy a pair of replacement. Or drive like that.

Also according to VIDA the rear edge should sit higher than the front, like 2-3 mm or so.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, that was easy. Only hard part is to not destroy the plastic accordion thingy. Knicked mine but not a big deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts