SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I received my XC90, I have used this option a couple of times and felt my back cooling, but nothing happening down under...

Should these seats cool the bottom area as well? I've placed my hand there to see whether I felt something, but I didn't. Maybe the ventilation underneath is much more subtle than that coming from the backrest.

I checked under the seat and saw what seems to be a missing connector. Checked under the passenger seat, same missing connector.

Could you fellow ventilated seat owners give me hand here. Do your seats ventilate well on both fronts? Are your seats missing that connector underneath?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts

Same missing connector under the drivers seat.

I never noticed if the cooling was only against the back only. I will test it tomorrow.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Greetings,

I feel it cooling under my bum and behind my lower back.
I'm assuming you went through the three different levels when activating seat ventilation.
Mine feels noticeable cool even at the lowest setting.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Greetings,

I feel it cooling under my bum and behind my lower back.
I'm assuming you went through the three different levels when activating seat ventilation.
Mine feels noticeable cool even at the lowest setting.
Hope this helps.
As a matter of fact, I haven't gone through the three levels. I went straight to the highest level, with the three lights lit up. However, nothing noticeable happened. I discarded the lesser levels, assuming nothing would happen. I will try them today though.

Could you please look under your seat and check whether you have a missing connector such as the ones posted here?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hajossy,

Is that green connector connected to something? In the photo it seems loose.

I haven't received my car yet, so I can't check. Sorry

·
Registered
76 Posts
As a matter of fact, I haven't gone through the three levels. I went straight to the highest level, with the three lights lit up. However, nothing noticeable happened. I discarded the lesser levels, assuming nothing would happen. I will try them today though.

Could you please look under your seat and check whether you have a missing connector such as the ones posted here?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just took my first hour and a half trip and i feel the cooling more on my lower back than on my bum.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hajossy,

Is that green connector connected to something? In the photo it seems loose.

I haven't received my car yet, so I can't check. Sorry
Hey Osama,

It is well connected, even though it doesn't seem so from the picture.

He is a better picture of the green connector.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just took my first hour and a half trip and i feel the cooling more on my lower back than on my bum.

I have only had the chance of driving the car to and from the office (25 minute ride tops), but I have the same impression as you. Back cools very well, the bum less so. The area where the hamstrings are = zero ventilation.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Same missing connector under the drivers seat.

I never noticed if the cooling was only against the back only. I will test it tomorrow.

How did it go?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Page 193 of the North American manual refers to 'fans in the seats and backrests'.
You're right.

Problem is that I still can't figure out whether the fans under the seats are working according to Volvo specs.

What's more, it seems as though I'm not the only one noticing this lack of strength from the seat's fan.

Maybe it all comes down to the fact that that's the strength the fans under the seats produce, period.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Remember the seats are ventilated but not actually cooled by refrigeration, unlike some cars. The fans cool by sucking in air. Maybe hold a feather or something very light just above the seat to see if it's sucked down a little?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Remember the seats are ventilated but not actually cooled by refrigeration, unlike some cars. The fans cool by sucking in air. Maybe hold a feather or something very light just above the seat to see if it's sucked down a little?
I would have thought it blew the air off the seat. I'm gonna try placing a tissue and see what happens. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think the best way to check is to wear shorts when you turn the system on. That way, your legs can feel the air passing through. Pants, in general, are thicker than shirts, which would make you feel the effect less.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Anyone else's blower seem to be the same on all settings? It sounded like a Hoover vacuum every time it was in auto climate

1 - 20 of 25 Posts