SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a vented hood for my s60 2.4t I've looked and can't find them anywhere. Do I have to buy the vent and install it in my hood or does anyone know where I can find the hood?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Impulse is right. You gotta buy the vents themselves and cut the hole in your hood for them. And you should probably buy the covers for them too. lol

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ok... So I gotta ask. Why buy the vents and then cover them?

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Ok... So I gotta ask. Why buy the vents and then cover them?
Better question is why they charge an extra $60 for the covers, lol.

People who've realized they've made a huge mistake.
This guy......:rolleyes:

Or when the weather is really bad and you don't want the heavy rains to drop that much water get into your hood...
Yes this, since the S60 was not designed to have open vents ( no rain trays) it's a good idea to have a way to cover them from the elements in bad weather, more so when the car sits in heavy rain or snow as it's not bad when driving at speed. But also to have the option to have them exposed or not, quite a different look, even a change in engine noise. I leave them closed most of the time, open them for sunny weather or certain events, cruises.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Thread I linked shows Dremel being used with reinforced cutting wheels, very easy with these aluminum hoods.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts