SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
3,391 Posts
They're not OEM "Style." They really are OEM wheels. There was a major overrun on the chrome venators by Borbet (The company that originally produced them). My S80 originally came with Venators, and they bend easily. I have somewhere around 12-15 bent venators in my attic, and I was buying them (well, Geico was) at $1000 each from Volvo until I found various online retailers selling them at around $200 or less. They're identical in every way. I've compared two new ones side by side (Volvo OEM, VS Online Discount) and there is no difference. The only difference is that the box they come in doesn't say Volvo on it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Love these wheels just wish they were the bright silver as opposed to chrome.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
They're not OEM "Style." They really are OEM wheels. There was a major overrun on the chrome venators by Borbet (The company that originally produced them). My S80 originally came with Venators, and they bend easily. I have somewhere around 12-15 bent venators in my attic, and I was buying them (well, Geico was) at $1000 each from Volvo until I found various online retailers selling them at around $200 or less. They're identical in every way. I've compared two new ones side by side (Volvo OEM, VS Online Discount) and there is no difference. The only difference is that the box they come in doesn't say Volvo on it.
Are S80 Volvo rims like jello? I have a ever so slightly bent Balius..not visible but you can feel it. I ended up buying 4 new ones on clearance because I knew I would need them. I am now debating on whether or not to switch the bent one out and keep the 3 originals on and resell 2 of the new ones to make my money back OR just say hell with it and replace all 4 with new, throw the bad one away and keep 3 originals as replacements. Any opinions?

I've driven 10 different car brands and these Volvo rims don't last like my Saabs, for example. Maybe its because of Low-profile?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts