SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
So whats the update? Somebody didn't get their FPR that they ordered two weeks ago? He's sick? What's the point of all this? Are you saying that he is a conman? A fraud? This is quite an accusation.

I've seen this before with other vendors on other forums, somebody thinks they got burned and causes a big stink over nothing. Maybe there is a good explanation, maybe the guy had an emergency, maybe the product was back ordered and emails are getting bounced back.

I am interested to see what comes of this but am giving mike the benefit of the doubt based on my many conversation with him before.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
I agree with the general rule of thumb to be careful when doing business on the web. However I think it's a big leap to assume that someone is a criminal just because of one transaction from one member. Sometimes even forum sponsors have delays or problems with their orders.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Actual Update from Volvospeed forum:

[quote name='Auburn T5' date='May 7 2009, 10:58 AM' post='1572318']
Update: got an email back from him. apparently his old man has been really sick and he has been over in Europe tending to family needs. Understandable but IMO should have had some way of maintaining communications with customers or put some type of message on his answering machine indicating the shop would be out of comission for extended time.

anyways, said the FPR will be in the mail today so hopefully I'll have it and "a surprise" next week. I wouldn't complain if it's a BSR ECU he tossed in with it... hahah :wub:
[/quote]

Looks like it has turned out okay, dude had a family emergency and was out of touch for a while. Sometimes these things happen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.