SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of and/or used the VDASH app that was put together by some folks in the Czech Republic? Worth giving it a go?

Thanks in advance for any info on this.

Cheers,

Bill

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both my current P2s so not have the switch turned on in the onboard software that allows the programming of things like the DIM. For example, I can't change between miles and kilometers or change the interval for the service reminders on either of my '05s. I could do that with my '02 XC. By the sound of it VDdash might be able to do that. I also want to change the dimming level on the interior review mirror on both cars. So nothing huge or crazy. And it saves me a 2 hour each way trip to the dealer to do something really stupid to have a dealer do to begin with. If it works.

Cheers,

Bill

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes VDASH can do that. Just download the program and setup a free account and see what you can do with the program. Everyone says you can't change the DRL on 2004's, but i did it with VDASH

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes VDASH can do that. Just download the program and setup a free account and see what you can do with the program. Everyone says you can't change the DRL on 2004's, but i did it with VDASH
Great! Going to give it a try later today and we'll see what's up.

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi were do you download it from,
Thanks Dave
I got it here (https://d5t5.com/article/vdash-volvo-diagnostic) from the highlighted link. Unfortunately, neither the page's translation or Google's work on this page so unless you read Czech, it's kind of a download and give it a try, I guess. But the app does have a good English GUI so no worries there.

Cheers,

Bill

·
Registered
70 Posts
Anyone know if I can add a parking heater with this instead of getting a vida subscription?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
04 V70R
1 Posts
I've just installed it on my garage laptop and had no problems getting connected with "Chinese" DICE. The interface looks a bit inelegant (especially for a tech company), but I had a poke around and it seems comprehensive. It kinda appears to work similarly to VIDA. The English from Czech in the program and the YouTube vids is a bit dicey but the effort seems earnest. I'll post more as I get in deeper.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I got it here (https://d5t5.com/article/vdash-volvo-diagnostic) from the highlighted link. Unfortunately, neither the page's translation or Google's work on this page so unless you read Czech, it's kind of a download and give it a try, I guess. But the app does have a good English GUI so no worries there.

Cheers,

Bill
There's a little flag at the top of the page that changes the language to English (little UK flag), once I selected English it was ok.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Both my current P2s so not have the switch turned on in the onboard software that allows the programming of things like the DIM. For example, I can't change between miles and kilometers or change the interval for the service reminders on either of my '05s. I could do that with my '02 XC. By the sound of it VDdash might be able to do that. I also want to change the dimming level on the interior review mirror on both cars. So nothing huge or crazy. And it saves me a 2 hour each way trip to the dealer to do something really stupid to have a dealer do to begin with. If it works.

Cheers,

Bill
Did you ever go further with the vdash software?

I'm looking into changing from MPH to KMH on my 05 S60R since it's a US import and I want to install one of my used Canadian DIMs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts