SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have now had my 2010 M66 R Design for about 6 months and I still love it every time I even look at it let alone turn the key! In the 10,000 miles I've put on in that time I have come across a few minor annoyances.

Probably the worst is bluetooth call quality. I don't use my phone that much in the car, but when I do I almost feel like I would be better off with a can and string. The sound quality is awful and comes through much quieter than any other audio even with the volume the whole way up. Does anyone know if there is a way to improve this at all?

Another issue I have is the wind noise. There is more wind noise in this car than just about any other vehicle I have had that didn't have a soft top. The noise doesn't come from the A-pillars so I don't think the problem will be solved by the fix in the stickied post on the S40 forum. I get some noise from my doors, but I get a TON of noise from the sunroof. It also seems like the sunroof doesn't really seal at all. any water coming in runs down the drains just fine, but there is a lot of water that comes in. More than I would expect, although I have never paid much attention to how sealed the sunroofs were in my other cars.

The last issue is an occasional weird metallic rattle/screech coming from the cargo area. It has started recently and it only happens when I am driving, but I haven't really noticed a pattern. The noise only lasts for a few seconds at a time and might only happen every hour or two of driving. Some trips it will happen, some it won't. I have looked back there and don't see anything loose (other than my spare tire because I broke the plastic screw that holds it down, but that makes a thump over bumps, not a screech rattle). Any ideas?

As always, you guys are awesome!

Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
You could probably wire in an aftermarket microphone to get better phone quality. But remember that you're driving a 10 year old car with 16 year old technology. Handsfree devices from 5 years ago don't even compare to today's.

Sunroofs are not supposed to make a water tight seal. Just be certain that your drains always stay clear of debris.

Is the metallic noise coming from inside or under the car? Could be rocks getting stuck in the brake dust shield, could be that your sway bar bushing need to be greased, could be the arm of the emergency jack sliding against the jack body. Can't really say without hearing that in person.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts