SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went ahead and replaced my Valve Body with a new one direct from Volvo. I was having the well documented shift issues and the Trans serial number was post the supposed bad Valve Bodies. It`s not to difficult, the worst thing is unhooking the wires off the old one and putting the oil pan back on without screwing the gasket maker. Shifts perfectly now and no, you don`t need to take it to the dealer and reset the adapts or do it with your own VIDA. For any of those dealing this issue, just do it. I wouldn`t buy a rebuilt Valve Body.

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
Part # and price?

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
Added to my thread, thanks

·
3,958 Posts
So this was just a drop in, no programming at all required?

·
3,958 Posts
Guess I'm going for it! Subframe will be out next weekend so I might as well.

·
3,958 Posts
I have an S60, I have a tighter space to work in and have to drop the subframe anyways since I'm also installing a whole new suspension including sway bars.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
They recommend anaerobic gasket maker for the pan. Loctite or Permatex makes one. The Volvo stuff is rebadged Loctite and is $40 instead of $12. Careful removing the connectors as they are a pain, although what would break will be the female end on the old Valve Body and since you are getting a new VB it doesn`t matter. The temperature sender is held in by plate and bolt.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Any pictures of the process? How difficult is this job? Mine is within the serial range and has had some wonky shifts before so I'm assuming I'll have to do it at some point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts