SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, we got a 1989 240GL with 239K on it. rebuilt transmission with next to no miles, rebuilt cylinder head, new brakes, new alternator, radiator, water pump, shocks all around, and lots of other small things. it is in the redlands california area, and is extremely clean. leather interior, front has seat covers, brand new. Automatic transmission. seat warmers, sunroof. new tires on front. ok, so what is this worth, runs well, and what did you all pay for yours? lady driven not to mention.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re: Value of an 1989 240GL?? (The_Hamster)

My 1990 245 w/157K miles in excellent condition was $2K through a friend. Best investment ever!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Re: Value of an 1989 240GL?? (The_Hamster)

With all that great stuff having been done to it, I would figure between 4 or 5 for it. I paid close to 7 for mine but it's a '92 with at the time 83k on it and it's a GL with the 5-speed. I figured that with it being one of the last years they made them and it being a GL with the M47 it was worth it. It also has the sunroof like yours. Mine does not have the leather though. <br> Do you have yellowed headlight lenses? Those can be costly if you choose to replace them. I don't think Canada is restricted by the same tired old lighting laws that we the oppressed drivers of the USA are, so you might be able to replace them with the glass E-code headlamps. They're pricey if you can find them, but once in the car, visibility should go up not to mention a small increase in value of the car.<br> Also, how is the paint on the car? If the clear coat is peeling and/or the paint is oxidizing in places like the center of the bonnet, the center of the boot or on the hood, that can affect the value slightly. The paint technology that Volvo used changed at the end of the 240 model series and I believe in 91 or 92, they went to a water-borne paint system, whatever that means. They said it works better, lasts longer, and is more friendly to the environment. <br> Hope it stays a great car for you! These things will go forever even if you spank them for all they're worth.<BR><BR>
[Modified by kowalski, 9:13 PM 9-20-2002]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts