SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody,

I've been lurking on this forum for years but only just registered today. Anyway, I have a 2006 S60R, manual 6sp, Black Sapphire with Gobi (tan) interior, 112K miles and in good clean condition. I love the car but sadly the time has come for us to part ways, I need something a little bigger. I've started thinking a V70R might be perfect. I have two questions:

1. Assuming two equal trim, age & condition R's (only difference in sedan Vs wagon) how would they compare in price?

2. If I were to sell my S60R outright on this forum what price range should I expect? For the sake of argument, lets say it's in perfect cosmetic and mechanical condition and I have all the service records. I'm the second owner of the car and bought it back in 09 from Volvo dealer who told me it was a Volvo company car before I owned it.

Just to be clear, I'm asking what you think they are worth to the average Volvo Enthusiast on this forum. I'm not talking about KBB, NADA or Edmunds pricing.

Thanks a bunch!

·
Super Moderator
8,701 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, this really helps.

FYI - I'm located in Maryland just outside of Washington DC.
Here are a couple of pics of my R.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yeah the Wagon is the way to go! It will fit anything and they don't make that size anymore and prob never will again! Its insanely useful and fun. Now the only challenge is finding it in a manual. that's very hard. Some great Auto's floating around though. 13-21k

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have an 06 VR and depending on why you need something bigger, I may suggest something else.

The back seat of the R is a bit tight w/r/t baby car seats, though the cargo area is decent.

If I were to do it over again and was willing to spend 50-100% more money, I would have seriously tried to find a late 2000s BMW 535i with a manual. The looks are a bit questionable I admit, but I think they look okay if you can find one with the M-sport package.

Anyway, something to consider until the upcoming V90 depreciates significantly:

·
Registered
109 Posts
When I bought my S60R last week I had the BMW wagon as an option, but I just cant put myself in a BMW.........

That V90 is sweet

·
2,521 Posts
I think the V70R has more sex appeal (at least to me) so if I were to buy an R again it would be a VR

·
Registered
870 Posts
I wouldn't mind an E60/E61 535i 6MT, but that particular combo seems to be about as thin on the ground as manual V70 Rs.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I think the V70R has more sex appeal (at least to me) so if I were to buy an R again it would be a VR
maybe because it's the only one that sex is possible without sticking feet out of windows :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts