SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How do I purchase the retaining clip / seal thingie the hangs off the driver side of the intake manifold? I was replacing some stuff and had the intake manifold off. I accidentally destroyed that little red piece of plastic. Can I buy this part individually? Do I have to buy an entire intake manifold? Car is a 2005 Volvo S40 Turbo AWD Manual.
Font Line Auto part Drawing Parallel

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I broke one before. I ended up gunking it up with some RTV silicone to glue the pipe in place.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well this is a ridiculous design flaw. I guess I will rig up some type of fitting to thread into the plastic, and then modify the vacuum hose to accept a barbed fitting. Silly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a design flaw that this is not a replaceable part. That a $450 part is rendered useless by a plastic clip. You're just being argumentative, grow up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok buddy. i hope you can see how a plastic clip that could clearly be a screw-in part, or bolt on attachment is a bad idea when attached to a much larger, more expensive part. But, just keep arguing cause it makes you feel better to be smug. If trying to make yourself feel better by making others feel bad is what does it for you, then your life is gonna be pretty bad, man.

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
My life is fine, thanks. I've never broken that in the countless times I've had that hose out or intake off. I love that it's quick release. Did you damage it because you didn't know how to get the hose out? Or just drop the intake on that end or something?

A used intake from Erie Vovo can't be that much. Or you can hack it up and get it to work. I'm not trying to make you feel bad. You broke it, **** happens. Doesn't mean it's a design flaw.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
ok buddy. i hope you can see how a plastic clip that could clearly be a screw-in part, or bolt on attachment is a bad idea when attached to a much larger, more expensive part. But, just keep arguing cause it makes you feel better to be smug. If trying to make yourself feel better by making others feel bad is what does it for you, then your life is gonna be pretty bad, man.
I'll sell you a brand new one for $200

Reactions: Facusan

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Plant Plant community Botany Camera lens Wood
Plant Green Flowerpot Leaf Wood
Plant Flower Wood Fawn Toy
Plant Motor vehicle Botany Font Grass

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll sell you a brand new one for $200
looks great, but I can't justify $200 for this part. I'm just going to tap it for an NPT fitting and then use a barb connection. Pain in the butt, but it'll be like $6 to fix this permanently.

I appreciate it though. That's a lot better than the $450 everyone else wants for one of these.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My life is fine, thanks. I've never broken that in the countless times I've had that hose out or intake off. I love that it's quick release. Did you damage it because you didn't know how to get the hose out? Or just drop the intake on that end or something?

A used intake from Erie Vovo can't be that much. Or you can hack it up and get it to work. I'm not trying to make you feel bad. You broke it, **** happens. Doesn't mean it's a design flaw.
I have also taken it off a dozen time without breaking it. It's nice that it's a quick connect... but not at the expense of non-repairability. I took the intake off and set it on the concrete floor, apparently when the intake hit the floor (I didn't set it down that hard) the little red plastic cracked and came out. I guess it became brittle over the years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts