SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know the TCV and standard Vac Lines run off of 5mm line however, I was wondering if this holds true to the lines coming off of the intake pipe.

Specifically the lines that come off of the larger nipple as the 5mm should work for the smaller. I have split both factory lines and they are currently electrical taped on...I know what a great repair.

^THOSE NIPPLES^

Ordering within the next 45 mins:) My friggin' car is being PAMPERED this week...My wallet....not so much.

·
Registered
41 Posts
5mm (smaller one) and 8mm (larger one)

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quick question,

I know IPD recommends 7feet of the 5mm line, How much of the 8mm line would I need? I can't run out to my car right now and i'm looking to order as we speak. ALSO what clamps are needed or can the original be reused?

·
Registered
41 Posts
When I replaced mine, I bought 10 feet of the 8mm line, and used it to replace every 8mm line I could find. I had maybe 2 feet left over at the end of this. If you're just looking to replace the line that is split, you should not need more than maybe 3 ft. I did not need any clamps. Unlike the 5mm lines, I don't think these lines have clamps.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I replaced mine, I bought 10 feet of the 8mm line, and used it to replace every 8mm line I could find. I had maybe 2 feet left over at the end of this. If you're just looking to replace the line that is split, you should not need more than maybe 3 ft. I did not need any clamps. Unlike the 5mm lines, I don't think these lines have clamps.
What clamps do you need for the 5mm line?

·
Registered
41 Posts
In my car the smaller lines had small metal rings around them to clamp them in place. They honestly don't do much, though. If there are clamps on the old lines when you replace them, then you can reuse these clamps. If they're not there then I would not worry about it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry if I am stupid, but I can't find those vac hoses on the IPD website, I think I saw them on viva. Maybe you said they recommend it (only), they don't sell it...?

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry if I am stupid, but I can't find those vac hoses on the IPD website, I think I saw them on viva. Maybe you said they recommend it (only), they don't sell it...?
Go on IPD input your car info and type VAC in the search...they will show up. I'm actually purchasing mine on boostcontroller.com for a fraction of the price and shipping and they have 8mm for the larger lines. 38.80 shippedd for 10ft of 5mm and 10ft of 8mm.

Sent from my Wicked Pissah Droid 2 using Tapatalk 2!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks a lot Vio! That is appreciated, just placed an identical order from them, over the phone, because they prefer to hear our naughty voices (They only take online orders for USA residents...)

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks a lot Vio! That is appreciated, just placed an identical order from them, over the phone, because they prefer to hear our naughty voices (They only take online orders for USA residents...)
WHAT COLOR did YOU BUY??? I'm thinking red for the Vac Line blue for the 8mm line!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Eh, I just used boostcontroller.com for vacuum lines. They ship fast and priced very cheap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts