SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me which vacuum lines run under the fuel rail/manifold? I am getting a high pitched whine from the passenger side/middle of the engine bay. Though it may have been the drive belt or a bad pulley at first but those have been tested and found to be good. Nudged a vacuum line while in that area and the pitch/frequency changed. Are these easy to replace or do I need to remove the manifold to get to them?

·
Registered
590 Posts
If you pull your Air box and the inlet pipe to the throttle body, you can reasonably get to most of the lines. Otherwise it's probably going to be an intake off job, and once you're that far you might as well do the pcv.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you pull your Air box and the inlet pipe to the throttle body, you can reasonably get to most of the lines. Otherwise it's probably going to be an intake off job, and once you're that far you might as well do the pcv.
PCV was done the same time as the timing belt. However, I was told this morning that when the job was done, the lines under the intake were not replaced as they were still good. If it is indeed one of those lines, I'm going to have them warranty their work. All lines should have been replaced when the job was done. Not happy when I heard that. And no, a K&N filter does not reside inside the box and yes, the engine bay needs a good cleaning :p

·
Registered
590 Posts
That's a huge leak, more likely a mating surface not a line. I had a leak like that on an old supercharged Pontiac and it was between the supercharger and intake mating surface.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Replaced the upper line for the PCV system. Leak was coming from the line off the banjo bolt. Now to see why I am now getting a nice rattle under load at 2k RPM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts