SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So while doing my PCV system, I've noticed that the vacuum line (evap line?) going into the middle of the intake has seen better days. This also goes for the hose going back to the turbo compressor from the t-pipe(s). Based on my research (with very little help from the VIDA diagrams) it appears this is an 8mm line and since metric hoses are damn near impossible to find around here, I went ahead and got some 5/16th line from AutoZone. The only thing is it's noted as fuel line so I just want to make sure that this wouldn't be an issue with regards to the collapse strength. Also, the clamp around the line at the air inlet hose/turbo compressor inlet is something I have never seen before. Just want to make sure this hose is suitable and see if I need a new special connection at the back before I rip the old line out and start to put this stuff in. I've included pictures of the old line, where it connects at the back and the new hose I plan on using. Thank y'all in advance for the help.

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
You can always order 8mm silicone tubing...

I'd imagine fuel line would be fine pressure-wise..but not sure on the temperature end of things.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Is there a vac line "kit" marketed by any of the sponsors? ala for ricers circa y2k?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sure is... I actually bought one with the intention of installing it about a year ago but never got around to it... Mainly because my car didn't NEED it and priorities changed...

Happy to turn around and re-sell it if someone is looking for some silicone vacuum lines :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can always order 8mm silicone tubing...

I'd imagine fuel line would be fine pressure-wise..but not sure on the temperature end of things.
Yeah, I started on this last weekend and I just want to wrap it up ASAP hence the SAE fuel line. Still not sure about the clip/clamp in the back.

·
Registered
341 Posts
67 do you still have the lines by chance?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I replaced all those lines with silicon. It's more durable, more flexible, won't degrade over time, and available in a plethora of colors. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts