SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This hose coming off the intake manifold is loose. There's a red grommet of some sort and it moves in and out about a quarter inch very easily, and I'm thinking it might be leaking. What is it exactly and how do I tighten it up? Since it's plastic I figured I'd ask before messing with it.

These aren't my pics so please ignore the arrows

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
The top picture is an air vacuum line for the brake booster. It is normal for it to move in and out a 1/4 of an inch. There is no way to tighten it. To remove the hose, you simply press in on the red tab and pull the black hose out. (If you pull it out, the car will most likely stall. This is where you introduce seafoam into the air intake). It is a fairly reliable connection.

What makes you think you have a leak there? If you think it is leaking, get a vacuum gauge and check your pressures or use something like a Dice.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I jiggle it around with the car idling, I can hear it hissing. What a bad design.

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
A lot of air fittings use that design.

It's sounds like you're trying to narrow down on an issue. You really need quantitative results to start diagnosing and not shooting in the dark. You mentioned you got a scan tool in another thread, so post back with some data and we will try to help!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since the issue is intermittent, I'm just looking at everything trying to figure out anything that could cause the issues. I noticed while I was checking the fuel pressure that it was kinda wobbling around.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts