SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In continuation from last year, here's another only marginally Volvo related post because I just can't stop myself in posting these... :D

So, after having decided that going to Iceland for the fifth time in 2 years might be considered excessive (especially since I'm probably going to go again in November anyway...), I spent my summer vacation in Norway instead - going all the way from southern Germany (where I live) to the northernmost tip of Europe (which isn't the north cape BTW). I've been to Norway before, but that was almost 15 years ago, and then I hadn't been in the southern part of the country. All in all a fantastic trip, (mostly) spectacular weather in an absolutely wonderful country.

Once again I really enjoyed the car as well - the only problem it gave me, was a Sensus hiccup (USB and NAV not functioning) which resolved itself after about 15 minutes. Apart from that no problems whatsoever - it's still superbly comfortable, I still like driving it, and the D5 engine continues to impress; during this trip not so much regarding the available power, but very much regarding fuel economy. In Germany I average about 7.5l/100km (= 31mpg US) - that includes city driving as well as Autobahn driving. In Norway I averaged 5.2l/100km (= 45mpg US) - that's even better than the official numbers from Volvo! Of course having a speed limit of 80km/h helps...

Total driven distance: 10008 km (= 6218 miles) in 4 weeks.
Once again a small collection of pictures out of the 6800 I took - since I have to keep it marginally Volvo related I'm only posting images with my car...

on one of the countless ferries in southern Norway

Atlantic Ocean Road - the famous "bridge to nowhere"

Color formerly known as Ember Black ;)

And finally an image in HDRi

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Beautiful scenery and nice pics. Good shot composing.

I wish we had more scenic scenery within a reasonable driving of us.

·
Registered
301 Posts
heck-i wish we could get the v60's here. looks like you fun.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I love the Volvo wagons; too bad we don't get those or a turbo diesel option. Great pics BTW.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
'15.5 Volvo V60 Cross Country
442 Posts
Enjoyed your photos very much! Would like to replace our V50 someday with one of those!

Rick

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nice pics, sounds like a great trip. But I was expecting lots pics in the woods and of the Fjords!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the comments :)

Believe me, there are a lot of pictures involving fjords and woods, but due to all those trees and the resulting hard shadows as well as more restricted space most of them don't feature the car - so I didn't put them up here. Trees really make photography and shot composition significantly harder... ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Great pics, and that's quite a road trip!

The economy of the D3 / D5 motor is excellent, especially considering the 'grunt' they push out. My MY2012 D3 manual has given a genuine average of 52 mpg Imperial (41.5 miles per US gallon) over the last three tanks, and that's cruising at 80+ mph (130 kmh) with the occasional excursion to 110+. I find the computer's MPG readout is about 6% optimistic.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The V60 is a truly unique Volvo...practical & good-looking...too bad Volvo doesn't have the guts to offer it in the States...Volvo just doesn't understand the competitive market segments..they leave their loyal customer with far too few choices...the S60 & XC60 are the only truly competitive product they offer in the U.S...they rest of their products are outdated at best! ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts