SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new 2011 T6 that we purchased on 6/8/12 just went on vacation with us. We accumulated 2773 miles on the vacation from New Orleans to Atlanta to Raleigh to D.C. to Louisville and to Memphis and back home. We used 113.8 gallons of 87 octane gas on the trip at a typical cruising speed of 75 mph. 24.4 mpg isn't that bad - was hoping to get about 1 mpg more, but oh well. We did have a few tanks that were close to 26 and a low one of 22. We now have 3800 miles on it. She will from now on get only about 800 or so miles per month on average.

The T6 performed flawlessly except for one annoying issue with a flash drive with music. It would play fine for a while and then give me an error that the flash drive was corrupt. It would disconnect the cell phone connected via blue tooth when we would connect the flash drive. Seems like there should be a software update for this.

When I brought the T6 in for a recall they said my vehicle was not eligible for any software updates. I thought that was weird since I am hearing about all the 2012s getting updates. You would think one of the earliest builds would be eligible also. I am also interested in getting the sport mode. I guess when I go in for the 7500 mile service I will mention the flash drive issue and see if they update me.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Nice trip! Are those MPG numbers from the trip computer? If so you'll might find them to be 1 - 1.5 MPG high..

I've learned to get software updates you have to complain about a problem associated with a particular update. Makes no sense but it is what it is.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The MPG are hand calculated. The trip computer was showing around 26 mpg.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
The new 2011 T6 that we purchased on 6/8/12 just went on vacation with us. We accumulated 2773 miles on the vacation from New Orleans to Atlanta to Raleigh to D.C. to Louisville and to Memphis and back home. We used 113.8 gallons of 87 octane gas on the trip at a typical cruising speed of 75 mph. 24.4 mpg isn't that bad - was hoping to get about 1 mpg more, but oh well. We did have a few tanks that were close to 26 and a low one of 22. We now have 3800 miles on it. She will from now on get only about 800 or so miles per month on average.

The T6 performed flawlessly except for one annoying issue with a flash drive with music. It would play fine for a while and then give me an error that the flash drive was corrupt. It would disconnect the cell phone connected via blue tooth when we would connect the flash drive. Seems like there should be a software update for this.

When I brought the T6 in for a recall they said my vehicle was not eligible for any software updates. I thought that was weird since I am hearing about all the 2012s getting updates. You would think one of the earliest builds would be eligible also. I am also interested in getting the sport mode. I guess when I go in for the 7500 mile service I will mention the flash drive issue and see if they update me.
Although your car is not eligible for the same Sensus update as the MY12s, there is a software update that will fix the issue you are experiencing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are the 2011s eligible for the Sport Mode?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Mine has it. After the 7500 mile service it was there (did not ask for it). I have a very
good dealer who is on top of this sort of thing (Bay Area, lots of good dealers here, actually).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts