SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first i changed vacuum switch as old common problemm that plastic clips snap over time...than i check yesterday and open Vacuum pump and wow 20 Amperes fuse blow. Some metal shavings stuck on rotor brishes and contacts and burned plastic support. Shamefull use plastic instead of Bakelit.
Anyway 120 Euro new one on Skandix and in Volvo they ask for 450 Euro. FOM. in my sector means Fiber Optic Miscommunication.

Ordered new one.

Vac pump serve for brake assist function also...for some other? I dont know. Maybe someone else will add better description.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyway shavings was metal parts as you see on photo. And permanent stator magnets keep it many...on bottom you can spot muh more...
Anyway 13 years 314.000 km lasted time for new one.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SOLVED:

I think i get idea why this happened. Not long ago vac switch brake was snap cover and small microswitch inside was stuck and pump worked constantly. Yes. As microswitch control electrical motor of vac pump directly. I changed vac switch with new one but as we see fuse burned from short on brushes rotor shavings ect. and long months i didnt realise problem...when i start engine sometimes brake was deep to push...

p.s. Volvo electrical drawing is wrong as they design one electromagnetic valve 3 way and not simple microswitch. Design like you can see is like inductive relay box and not NO or NC contact. Normally Open / N.Close.

This switch was stuck and motor worked constantly...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts