SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My V90CC makes an annoying rattle when going over rough pavement. It seems to be coming from the rear sunroof panel.

I’ve noticed that the panel pops up a little when the rear door is shut, almost as if it is not firmly mounted. Is this normal?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Go to the dealer?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a 2018 S90. The rear sunroof panel is "fixed" and should not move at all. Your dealer should take a look at it if it moves. That being said, I have had several instances where I thought I had rattles, etc. coming from the sunroof or the area by the rear view mirror. In every case, there was something in one of the front cup holders that was making noise or something inside the center console that was rattling. It was never a part of the car itself. There is something a little weird about the acoustics in the interior (at least in the S versions) that makes center console noises sound like they are coming from the headliner area of the interior.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The rear glass pops up to relive the interior of excess pressure when shutting a door. Modern cars generally have a dedicated cabin pressure relief system, Volvo seems to do it through the sunroof.

I have a rattle too but it goes away once you close the sunshade (move forward) just a few cm. My sunshade also makes loads of noise when opening so it will be completely replaced next week under warranty. Hope that fixes the rattle too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a rattle from the sunshade in the open or closed position. Dealer looked at it and said they fixed it but a day later it was back. Need to go back to the dealer. In the meantime if I slip something between the sliding part and the stationary part it usually takes care of the problem.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have a rattle from the sunshade in the open or closed position. Dealer looked at it and said they fixed it but a day later it was back. Need to go back to the dealer. In the meantime if I slip something between the sliding part and the stationary part it usually takes care of the problem.
Mine rattled, took my dealer 4 different parts to make it stop. Plus they forgot to put a bunch of screws back in. So that was great fun, but the rattle is gone

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine rattled, took my dealer 4 different parts to make it stop. Plus they forgot to put a bunch of screws back in. So that was great fun, but the rattle is gone

At least I have that to look forward to.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Oof. Closing the sunshade doesn't seem to help in my case... it's tough to find time to take the car to the dealer, so I'm a little reluctant to if it's normal / tough to fix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts