SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
My V90CC VOR has the sunroof but the sunroof doesn't appear in the VOC mobile app.. meaning, on the app I can check if the doors are opened/locked and if any of the windows is opened.. but, it doesn't show any thing about the sunroof.. even if I leave it open, it always reports: door and windows locked!

Anyone has a different experience? Shouldn't the sunroof appear in the app and report if left opened?
Please let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I noticed the same thing in my V90CC, no report for sunroof. That app needs further development, there are a few things that I wish it had, like better trip logging and categories, or the ability to turn seat heaters on or off...in case you expect more passengers than usual.

·
Premium Member
1,885 Posts
It would be nice/smart if they would add it. There are lots of smart things I'd love to see Volvo do that would really just be a few lines of code.

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
655 Posts
It would be nice/smart if they would add it. There are lots of smart things I'd love to see Volvo do that would really just be a few lines of code.
Easier said than done... I believe that trip locations will be coming to non T8's based on what I heard from some of my contacts. What do you mean by categories?

The heated seats thing I understand is not as easy since it's an option. Sunroof - even for my car never showed as open or not.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I dono if this just me but the new change to the app i think is not so secure as the old way. Now if you want to remote start your car you need to have lock screen option on in your phone. Before you just enter the app password and you set. I am one of those people that dont put lock password since i dont really keep much on my phone and i dont care if ppl will go in and read w.e is there since i dont have any thing that worth so safeguard. Now i have to create the pin or finger print to be able remote start. I think its worse since if your phone does get stolen and its android phone to hack pascode there is not hard compare to apple and even apple can be hacked. Compare to having a password for the app. So i think its less secure than it was and i think we should have choice what way we wanna secure the app.

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
655 Posts
I dono if this just me but the new change to the app i think is not so secure as the old way. Now if you want to remote start your car you need to have lock screen option on in your phone. Before you just enter the app password and you set. I am one of those people that dont put lock password since i dont really keep much on my phone and i dont care if ppl will go in and read w.e is there since i dont have any thing that worth so safeguard. Now i have to create the pin or finger print to be able remote start. I think its worse since if your phone does get stolen and its android phone to hack pascode there is not hard compare to apple and even apple can be hacked. Compare to having a password for the app. So i think its less secure than it was and i think we should have choice what way we wanna secure the app.
This is because there used to be separate passwords / authentication. Now, if you had faceID for example and phone was unlocked, it won't prompt you (or shouldn't). As a FYI, if you have any kind of banking or gmail access on your phone, you want a lock / password. You can get some instant fraud with your primary email address and pure statistics. (ie: seeing a bank app, or seeing something else which has your email as a password reset mechanism). Even with 2 factor texting, you're screwed if they have your phone. you would be *SHOCKED* at how precise and accurate targeted attacks can be.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Agree and disagree. If you had new Samsung phone where the finger print can be unlocked with another person finger that means anyone gets your phone will have access to everything . Gmail and other apps always ask me for the password i think in app password more secure than just one password / finger print/ face id. When Iphones can be unlocked with person face with eyes closed etc so this is worse than having a password.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts