SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to purchase a V90 CC 2017-2019 when I find a car with the equipment I want but none of the V90 models come with the Polestar equipment that was available on the V60 models. Specifically I would like the front 6 piston Brembro calipers w/larger rotors and Ohlin struts w/upgraded springs and upgraded F/R sway bars/ upper strut bar and other chassis braces.These Polestar parts are available from Volvo dealers and aftermarket sources so they can be purchased. The question is WILL THEY FIT?? Since brake components are pretty common across models and so are struts, I think they may be swapped to the 90cc as well as other options but I can't confirm this thru the dealers. I know the Polestar optimization is available for the V90 CC but that's a software issue. Can anyone tell me about the hardware from the V60 or is there new equipment for the V90 in the works? I'd also like to swap the R model steering wheel w/paddle snifters; I read in this forum that the wheel can be swapped into a non paddle V60 which leads me to think it can be done to a V90.

·
Registered
320 Posts
volvo came out with a 2019 Polestar Engineered S60. That car came with high performance brakes and online struts. You may have a better chance of that equipment fitting over items from the previous generation s/v60 as its not the same platform versus items that are being used on the current SPA platform.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the recommendation about the new S60. I have been reading that the 6 piston (and 8 piston ) Front Brembro calipers and the 4 piston AP rear calipers w/fit the XC 90 and the V90. But at a very expensive cost. I haven't been able to get any info on the Ohlin struts w/upgraded springs but I think thet should fit but you are right about the new platform and compatibility. I will try to look into that but the dealers and aftermarket vendors don't have a lot of info because it;s so new. They referred me to this forum for more info!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts