SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all...new to the forum here. We're looking at getting our first Volvo via OSD sometime in the next year. We've got our sights set on a V90CC, and for the most part, have decided what options we'd like:

T6 AWD
Advanced Package
Foldable Cargo Floor
Heated Rear Seats
Rear air suspension
Maple Brown, Magic Blue, or Osmium Grey

Where we're running into some difficulty is deciding if it's worth it to spring for the Luxury package and/or one of the upgraded sound systems. There are a few items in the Luxury package that interest us, but I'm not sure if they interest us to the tune of $4500. For the sound systems, we know the B&W system is supposedly awesome, but we listen to a lot of talk radio and podcasts, so maybe the cheaper Harmon Kardon system is a good compromise?

For those of you with V90CCs that have lived with them for a bit now, what are you thoughts on the Luxury package and sound systems?

(Also, if you have a recommendation for a salesperson in the Detroit area who specializes in OSD, please share!)

Edited to add: We also want the deployable tow hitch, but it looks like they've made that a dealer-installed option?

·
Registered
318 Posts
For me luxury package came down to the seats and the painted body panels. Needed the seat extensions in the front and heated rear seats for my kid, and I much prefer the matched paint exterior, so it was worth it. Also went for the B&W since I have their speakers at home and like music. Not worth it at all if you just listen to talk radio. Other options I wouldn't do without are the air suspension and HUD. I tow occasionally and carry stuff all the time, so the self-levelling of the air is critical. HUD is also really important if you ever use cruise or pilot assist. Still love the Maple Brown and it gets a lot of compliments since it's quite unique. I never use the rear shopping bag holder.

For me, the car was on the lot fully loaded and I managed a large discount, so the options didn't seem as painful as they might have been. Still, I figure if you can afford a car this expensive and you plan to keep it for as many years as I plan to, you might as well get the options you want.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
The luxury seats are worth it, imo. The rest is not.

The base sound is decent in the front. I personally do not think B&W is worth it, especially given the available new HK upgrade. But opinions will differ. And the base sound quality is noticeably lacking in the second row.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Not sure how air suspension holds up in Volvos, but in other brands it tends to break down a lot.

I like the base sound system in the V90s, personally -- I think it's excellent. I wouldn't spend the extra money for upgraded sound system in a car with a decent base system. It's only a car.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Hi all...new to the forum here. We're looking at getting our first Volvo via OSD sometime in the next year. We've got our sights set on a V90CC, and for the most part, have decided what options we'd like:

T6 AWD
Advanced Package
Foldable Cargo Floor
Heated Rear Seats
Rear air suspension

Where we're running into some difficulty is deciding if it's worth it to spring for the Luxury package and/or one of the upgraded sound systems. There are a few items in the Luxury package that interest us, but I'm not sure if they interest us to the tune of $4500. For the sound systems, we know the B&W system is supposedly awesome, but we listen to a lot of talk radio and podcasts, so maybe the cheaper Harmon Kardon system is a good compromise?

For those of you with V90CCs that have lived with them for a bit now, what are you thoughts on the Luxury package and sound systems?

(Also, if you have a recommendation for a salesperson in the Detroit area who specializes in OSD, please share!)

Edited to add: We also want the deployable tow hitch, but it looks like they've made that a dealer-installed option?
We got a T5 - plenty of power
Heated rear seats - not worth the grandkids saying - oh cool - once in a while in the winter.
rear suspension - not needed for us and avoid "it cost what?" to repair.
HUD - cool gimmick.
Luxury package - I don't like leather with holes, seat extensions not needed, painted fender extensions - I like the black.
B&W system - No interest. Standard system is very good.
Advanced package - yup.
winter mats - yup although we bought Weathertech for the winter and use the OEM winter mats for the rest of the year.
The more the car costs - the more you can brag:)

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
We got a T5 - plenty of power

The more the car costs - the more you can brag:)
I have a 30-year-old VW Beetle I would be very glad to sell you for $100k. Heck, I'll event spray paint on the hood a note saying how much you paid for it. It's going to give you tremendous bragging power. Trump-like bragging power!!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
The luxury package is great for the seats. Both our V90CC and XC90 have the upgraded seats and love them. We have the base stereo in the XC90 and the B&W in the V90CC. I find myself listening to more music in the V90CC because the stereo is that much better. It’s not worth it for everyone, but it is better than the base stereo. I have no experience with the HK upgrade, but have heard good things.

I do not have the rear air suspension and have never driven a car with it. I would recommend you try vehicle with the options you’re looking at if you’re not sure if they’re worth the money. You will get opinions all over the place on just about any option. Keep in mind too, people are not paying sticker for V90CC and in most cases paying 15-20% below MSRP.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts

T6 AWD
Advanced Package
Foldable Cargo Floor
Heated Rear Seats
Rear air suspension

I guess we don’t know what we’re missing, but our V90’s are great without the luxury pkg and B&W. The MY19’s base stereo is the upgraded HK, which sounds damn good in my mother-in-law’s XC60.

Believe it or not, but my R-Design on non-bag sport suspension and 20” wheel set, is more comfortable than my wife’s Ocean Race with rear air bags and 20” thicker profile tires.

The best exterior color is Denim Blue, IMO.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for the input. I plan on towing, so the rear air suspension is on my must-have list.

As for the other options, it would be nice to try them out at local dealers, but they're lucky to have 1 in stock in the whole metro area.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think I’d rather have 4C than the air suspension (unless you do a LOT of hauling). The front end of my T5 feels a bit floaty. I’ve heard 4C addresses that shortcoming.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I have a 30-year-old VW Beetle I would be very glad to sell you for $100k. Heck, I'll event spray paint on the hood a note saying how much you paid for it. It's going to give you tremendous bragging power. Trump-like bragging power!!!
:confused: must have hit a nerve on that one.:p:p

·
Registered
549 Posts
I think the luxury package is worth it. Seats alone, but full paint looks much better, IMO, than black body cladding.

I've had three cars with air suspension and two of them never had an issue, the 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII did have an issue (~150k miles) with the front but replacing the airbag was not terribly costly (with an independent mechanic). Current BMW has 130k miles, previous Benz had 160k miles...these are the two without issues.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,028 Posts
Advanced Package - Yes.

Luxury Package (Heated Rears, Massage Fronts, Colored molding, 4-Zone Climate Control, Thigh extension, Rear sunshades) - Yes.

B&W for Podcasts and radio - No. Get the Harman Kardon upgrade for $800 (if you'd rather not have the base sound system) and get your V90CC PPF'd (XPEL Ultimate) and Ceramic coated with the remaining $3200.

Air Suspension, given MI road conditions - Yes.

HuD - Once you get used to it, you're never going back. Perfectly fine without it as well. - Maybe

Polestar - Yes.

I'm a fellow Michigander with all available options on my MY18 V90CC (except for the Tow hitch). I wouldn't spec mine any other way. Love everything about it!

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,028 Posts
I think I’d rather have 4C than the air suspension (unless you do a LOT of hauling). The front end of my T5 feels a bit floaty. I’ve heard 4C addresses that shortcoming.
4C and Rear air-Suspension are not separate options for the V90CC in the USA. They come tied together. Michigan officially has the worst roads in the USA and that makes the Air Suspension option much more than just worth it!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We stopped by our local Volvo dealer yesterday and had a chance to drive a V90CC. We loved it! We were really happy with the base seats, so we'll likely skip the Luxury package when we order the car.

The best part was swinging by home with during the test and seeing if it fits in our garage. It was very tight, but the 360deg camera and parking sensors made it a breeze.

Now we're looking forward to a new Volvo and a trip to Sweden!

·
Registered
549 Posts
We stopped by our local Volvo dealer yesterday and had a chance to drive a V90CC. We loved it! We were really happy with the base seats, so we'll likely skip the Luxury package when we order the car.

The best part was swinging by home with during the test and seeing if it fits in our garage. It was very tight, but the 360deg camera and parking sensors made it a breeze.

That sounds like a good plan, what did you decide on the air suspension?

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
My honest answer is just get every option - the value is there and the car is amazing with it all added on. I wish I had gotten the luxury package, even at the cost of the more sensitive leather. I'm living fine without it, but the increased cost would have been worth it.

As far as whether an upgraded sound system works, it depends on your personal taste. What cars have you had in the past and have you been okay with the systems in them?

Personally, I consider the base system inadequate. But it is good for a base system.

I've never been 100% happy with a car audio system until I had this V90 w/ B&W.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We were really happy with the base seats, so we'll likely skip the Luxury package when we order the car.
I think, if having rear seat climate zone control matters to you, that is part of the luxury package too... just FYI... I didn't see it mentioned in this thread yet.

It sounds like an awesome plan to head to Sweden for purchase ;-) I would look forward to it too!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts