SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Starting price for a XC90 T6 Momentum (in Sweden) is about $67k while the V90 is $55k. That is more than 12 % difference. With that said, I do think the price difference will be smaller in the rest of Europe and in NA than in Sweden.

It is very important for Volvo to keep their market share in their home market.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're correct about the price difference. I compared wrong engines. Thanks for the correction.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well if it does end up being !5%-20% cheaper to a comparably equipped XC90 then I will end up with a V90. Now if they would just install rear facing seats in the way back like Mercedes or Tesla.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
I dream of it being that much cheaper, that's for sure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Are there any info about a V90 Cross Country model?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Just as an FYI - R-Design and Cross Country info usually trickles out after the initial "new model" unveils. In many cases, they are delayed until six months to a year or so after the base model launches, but that may not be the case with this new generation.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well if it does end up being !5%-20% cheaper to a comparably equipped XC90 then I will end up with a V90. Now if they would just install rear facing seats in the way back like Mercedes or Tesla.
I've never understood why people would want to put their kids in the trunk facing the rear. What if you get rear ended by an SUV (or a truck!)?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just as an FYI - R-Design and Cross Country info usually trickles out after the initial "new model" unveils. In many cases, they are delayed until six months to a year or so after the base model launches, but that may not be the case with this new generation.
Many thanks, I would have expected to see the CC model at Geneva auto show but probably it's too soon.. Can't wait to see the new V90 in person BTW ;)

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Many thanks, I would have expected to see the CC model at Geneva auto show but probably it's too soon.. Can't wait to see the new V90 in person BTW ;)
jack up the V90 by two inches it will become V90CC. :) Well of course some cosmetic stuff is needed.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
714 Posts
I believe we'll see V90 at Geneve and the V90 Cross Country at New York.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
I've never understood why people would want to put their kids in the trunk facing the rear. What if you get rear ended by an SUV (or a truck!)?
I think about this when I put my dog back there. :(

I believe we'll see V90 at Geneve and the V90 Cross Country at New York.
That would be a good reason to actually go to NY.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Actually, Volvo wagons have a completely different rear structure compared to the sedans. In a rear impact the cargo area would stay intact and actually "tip" (rotate) upwards, resulting in a rather severe kink over the c pillar but keeping the interior structure intact. And in a front impact (which is a much more common crash scenario than rear impact) rearward facing is a much safer position to be in as the crash forces are spread across the full back rather that the much smaller surface area of a safety belt in a forward facing seating position. I had many Volvo wagons with third seats carrying kids. The only real issue was needing to use a roof box to carry stuff.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Actually, Volvo wagons have a completely different rear structure compared to the sedans. In a rear impact the cargo area would stay intact and actually "tip" (rotate) upwards, resulting in a rather severe kink over the c pillar but keeping the interior structure intact. And in a front impact (which is a much more common crash scenario than rear impact) rearward facing is a much safer position to be in as the crash forces are spread across the full back rather that the much smaller surface area of a safety belt in a forward facing seating position. I had many Volvo wagons with third seats carrying kids. The only real issue was needing to use a roof box to carry stuff.
Good to hear from you Chris!

·
Registered
99 Posts
See, make it happen Volvo, some jump seats in the back and an R-Design without black being the only interior color! Make me put my money where my mouth is.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
See, make it happen Volvo, some jump seats in the back and an R-Design without black being the only interior color! Make me put my money where my mouth is.
Yeah.

I have to say, I wish I didn't live in Houston. I sat in the R Design seats this past weekend, and they are noticeably more comfortable to this body than the Inscription seats.

·
Registered
985 Posts
What are the odds that the US market will get either the V90 or V90cc in R-design trim?

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
What are the odds that the US market will get either the V90 or V90cc in R-design trim?
V90CC is a trim level, like R-design is.

With that, there will be a V90, V90CC and V90 R-design.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts