SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Hoping to get a little help. Picking up my V90 next month and decided to have the factory add the Dual Exhaust Tips. The accessories page has two different skus. Was wondering if anyone could help clarify which is the correct part that matches the Volvo website when building a car online?

Double Integrated tailpipes -- Part No: 31428863
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-us/V90(17-)/Accessories/Document/VCC-516022/2019

Double Integrated tailpipes and diffuser -- Part No: 39847333 (Savile Grey)
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-us/V90(17-)/Accessories/Document/VCC-516023/2019

·
Registered
926 Posts
Hello,

Hoping to get a little help. Picking up my V90 next month and decided to have the factory add the Dual Exhaust Tips. The accessories page has two different skus. Was wondering if anyone could help clarify which is the correct part that matches the Volvo website when building a car online?

Double Integrated tailpipes -- Part No: 31428863
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-us/V90(17-)/Accessories/Document/VCC-516022/2019

Double Integrated tailpipes and diffuser -- Part No: 39847333 (Savile Grey)
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-us/V90(17-)/Accessories/Document/VCC-516023/2019
The first one, 31428863, is the part number for just the split exhaust tips. That second number is for an entire kit meant for other market cars that, I believe the diesel models, that come with more generic round exhaust tips.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first one, 31428863, is the part number for just the split exhaust tips. That second number is for an entire kit meant for other market cars that, I believe the diesel models, that come with more generic round exhaust tips.
Ok. That makes sense. I was trying to figure out the standard vs single round on the two pages. I think what was really throwing me off was the picture difference between 31428863 what you see when you build it online. I was probably just putting to much credence into the images. Thanks Much

·
Registered
77 Posts
I used to check that out and the best I could tell, isn't that just adding a bar in the middle of your single exhaust, to give it an appearance of dual exhaust? I assume it will be a pain to keep clean.

I'd be interested in the results. Love the look of a quad exhaust.

·
Registered
424 Posts
My OR came with the split exhaust tips. MEH.... Two separate, square pipes per side would have looked better. (I really liked the twin oval exhaust tips I had on my'08 DTS).

·
Registered
926 Posts
The difference between the regular and split exhaust tips is very subtle, but I think it does make a noticeable improvement from some angles. Our Ocean Race came with a regular exhaust tips, but I had ordered the split tips even before the car arrived. (Was cheaper than adding them on in production, and now I have both)

·
Registered
897 Posts
I am not a fan of the faux exhaust openings. Everyone has them.
The original exhaust pipe stops about 8" inside the body so I made 8" oval extensions that fit in the openings perfectly.
Now you see an oval exhaust tip that fills the faux openings.
They slide over the original pipe and are friction fit so they can be removed if needed.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I am not a fan of the faux exhaust openings. Everyone has them.
The original exhaust pipe stops about 8" inside the body so I made 8" oval extensions that fit in the openings perfectly.
Now you see an oval exhaust tip that fills the faux openings.
They slide over the original pipe and are friction fit so they can be removed if needed.
Do you have a picture? I've been thinking of black tips.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The difference between the regular and split exhaust tips is very subtle, but I think it does make a noticeable improvement from some angles. Our Ocean Race came with a regular exhaust tips, but I had ordered the split tips even before the car arrived. (Was cheaper than adding them on in production, and now I have both)
Doing the same thing. Originally was going to stay stock but a few opinions moved the dial to get them. It's a very minor change but I think its a nice detail, albeit not super functional.

·
Registered
228 Posts
i've added the split tips to my 2018 OR...a word of caution - you need to religiously clean the center divider as it gets black with exhaust...which makes them look like the originals...go figure...

·
Registered
642 Posts
i've added the split tips to my 2018 OR...a word of caution - you need to religiously clean the center divider as it gets black with exhaust...which makes them look like the originals...go figure...
I thought of adding the factory splitter but I'd paint it black...which should help with the exhaust gases while looking better than chrome IMO

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I typically detail my car every 30 days. Bit of a nerd that way.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I was just going to say this about the (sooty) separator in our OR tips. I have to clean it with a Brillo, which stays clean/visible for about 2 days. :(

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I typically detail my car every 30 days. Bit of a nerd that way.
I practically detail the OR every wash since the white and gray shows every last spec (Turtle Wax bug and tar remover still works the best). I usually wash both V90’s together; the white OR takes twice as long as the Saville R-Design. I do a more thorough clay bar and sealant detail about twice a year.

·
Registered
926 Posts
How hard are you guys driving your cars? I'm not getting any soot on the center section of mine, or at least no more or less than the rest.

·
Registered
424 Posts
How hard are you guys driving your cars? I'm not getting any soot on the center section of mine, or at least no more or less than the rest.
Same here, and for the most part the car gets cleaned at a brushless car wash so no abrasive cleaning has been done.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
My wife drives the Ocean Race to PA, NJ & NY on business trips so quite a bit of stop and go traffic, not to mention the gridlock mess we have around Baltimore. Oh, and she does enjoy the 300+ hp when in the clear. ;).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I practically detail the OR every wash since the white and gray shows every last spec (Turtle Wax bug and tar remover still works the best). I usually wash both V90’s together; the white OR takes twice as long as the Saville R-Design. I do a more thorough clay bar and sealant detail about twice a year.
You ended up with two super rare cars!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts