1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
I could live with that!

·
Registered
985 Posts
looks like a lower XC90 - what's not to like. R-design version please.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I don't understand that backseat picture. It looks like one of the seatbelt rolls out of a shelf like construction as if it were a sedan. That doesn't make sense in a V model.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I don't understand that backseat picture. It looks like one of the seatbelt rolls out of a shelf like construction as if it were a sedan. That doesn't make sense in a V model.
that interior picture is an S90, you can tell by the slope of the C pillar and black "parcel shelf"

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
OK, not much surprise after XC90 and S90 and the diecast model. Not bad but not exciting either. Maybe the CC version will look better.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
760 Posts
Sorry no likey .. I was really hoping it'd be like a V70 reboot ... this V90 looks like any other generic wagon.
Volvo needs to straighten out the back hatch to give it that distinctive Volvo boxier look. Don't like that sloped/angled hatch beginning with the V60.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Looks good except again for the tail lights. Whoever is in charge of designing tail lights at Volvo needs to be fired. That wraparound light/reflector onto the trunk is hideous. They are taking pretty good designs and destroying them with poor rear ends. The back of this is much better than the S90 but that light needs to be fixed.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Seriously, what is so different from the V90 than this ??

Or this:

Or this:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Really like everything about this until the hatch. the whole point of a wagon aside from being cool is being able to put stuff in it. so the slanted rear window MUST GO.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Really like everything about this until the hatch. the whole point of a wagon aside from being cool is being able to put stuff in it. so the slanted rear window MUST GO.
Exactly ... this!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Seriously, what is so different from the V90 than this ??

Or this:

Or this:
Seriously, It is way, way better. You can simply recognize it is Volvo, on the other hand I can only say It is german and It is, all the three are exactly the same.

Well done Volvo and congratulations, like yours latest models XC90, S90 and obviously V90, you will don't intend to copy the germans like others do.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Take my money, Volvo, I'll take a V90 RD or the CC, once the lease is up in my V60 RD in three years. Enough time to fix the kinks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
55,939 Posts
Not convinced this is legit yet. Could be lighting playing tricks but seeing some inconsistent artifacts that make me think it may be a photoshop rendering. Additionally, the interior picture is a sedan, as noted above.

1) Driver's side of the roof - black roof rail is lost to supposed large panel sunroof? White antenna on the roof has some transparency.
2) C-pilar on the driver's side through the rear window shows a thin single vertical line - passenger side does not have the same line.
3) The angle of the rear window trim does not match the body lines.
4) The window trim is a matte silver (V60 R-Design), the front is chrome.
5) Volvo would have matte silver roof rails to match the window trim.

Perhaps this was a S90 parked and someone at the dealer also parked a white V60 or XC90 there to get similar lighting and blended a couple images?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Me like...me want.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Not convinced this is legit yet. Could be lighting playing tricks but seeing some inconsistent artifacts that make me think it may be a photoshop rendering. Additionally, the interior picture is a sedan, as noted above.

1) Driver's side of the roof - black roof rail is lost to supposed large panel sunroof? White antenna on the roof has some transparency.
2) C-pilar on the driver's side through the rear window shows a thin single vertical line - passenger side does not have the same line.
3) The angle of the rear window trim does not match the body lines.
4) The window trim is a matte silver (V60 R-Design), the front is chrome.
5) Volvo would have matte silver roof rails to match the window trim.

Perhaps this was a S90 parked and someone at the dealer also parked a white V60 or XC90 there to get similar lighting and blended a couple images?

I agree with most of your suspicion. Also add this: on the top (inside the red oval you marked), the hoist post looks like planted on the roof. And the left side roof rail disappeared quite suddenly.

And the badge (is it T8 or T5? not T6 absolutely) on the trunk lid is so unreal.

And it does not have a license plate. Volvo test vehicle used to have a license plate. And what made them drive a secret new model without license plate to an outside garage?

I also believe this is very close to the final V90 though, based on the die-cast model, and the similarity of S90 and S90 die-cast model.

Now I just want to see V90 CC!

1 - 20 of 187 Posts