SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 V90 in Saville Grey
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an r-type 2018 with silver side mirrors. The car’s dark grey so the flat silver mirrors are an eyesore to me.

has anyone done anything to their r-type side mirrors? I don’t want to pay hundreds to paint match the mirrors at a body shop. I could wrap the mirrors in black vinyl, but then they still wouldn’t match anything else on the car unless I also wrapped the window chrome and roof rack silver. (All this would make it look like the 2020+ modes, which would be nice)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Possible option would be to paint/clear coat the existing covers yourself with some matching body paint rattle cans. If you have a steady hand it is pretty easy to do, just watch for run marks. Matching body color covers are about $150 each from the usual discount OEM websites.

If it is the flat silver finish you do not like then you could gloss clear coat them.

Reactions: chuhsi

·
Registered
2018 V90 in Saville Grey
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possible option would be to paint/clear coat the existing covers yourself with some matching body paint rattle cans. If you have a steady hand it is pretty easy to do, just watch for run marks. Matching body color covers are about $150 each from the usual discount OEM websites.

If it is the flat silver finish you do not like then you could gloss clear coat them.
Volvo doesn’t appear to make a matching mirror cover for my color 😔 that would be the best option

the self paint and clear coat option sounds good. Where can I buy color-matched spray paint?

·
Registered
12 Posts
you could try wrapping them rather than painting so you could at least remove the wrap before committing to the paint. 3M has tons of colors that could get you quite close and wrap the other parts as well so they all match...maybe the satin dark grey or something like that?

i know you mentioned needing to wrap other components...I have done this in black and silver on my car and it was nice having these pieces all the same color. I think total cost for mirrors and roof rails was ~$400

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Here is one. There are plenty others.
automotivetouchup.com

For the clear coat the best are the 2K two parts in one can. Once mixed I think you have up to 24 hours to use the can.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Volvo doesn’t appear to make a matching mirror cover for my color 😔 that would be the best option
For what it's worth, I have a 2020 V90 in Saville Grey. It's the Inscription trim, so it has Saville Grey mirror caps. I can't speak to their availability as parts, but I would think they should exist. I'm wondering if the only Saville Grey V90 offered in 2018 was an R Design with its silver mirrors so the parts don't exist if you filter on model year specific parts? I doubt the mirrors changed between 2018 and 2020, so if you were filtering by year maybe check again?

·
Registered
821 Posts
For what it's worth, I have a 2020 V90 in Saville Grey. It's the Inscription trim, so it has Saville Grey mirror caps. I can't speak to their availability as parts, but I would think they should exist. I'm wondering if the only Saville Grey V90 offered in 2018 was an R Design with its silver mirrors so the parts don't exist if you filter on model year specific parts? I doubt the mirrors changed between 2018 and 2020, so if you were filtering by year maybe check again?
According to Volvo’s 2018 model year brochure, Saville Grey was available in the Inscription as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts