SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
I love Sensus and find it very intuitive when compared to other competitive systems (BMW example).
But I would have definitely appreciated some physical buttons that can be configured with functions chosen by the customer.
For example when approaching in a tight area, I find it very inconvenient and slow to scroll and search for the 360 camera button.
by just flipping the car in reverse and than back to drive will activate the camera . Problem is that even if you would have more physical buttons they not really hardware buttons anymore. Meaning if sensus is frozen or acting slow by pressing defrost or w.e wont work until sensus is ready to process the request. Unlike on older cars even if your screen is blank or frozen you can still activate things by pressing the button.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I love Sensus and find it very intuitive when compared to other competitive systems (BMW example).
But I would have definitely appreciated some physical buttons that can be configured with functions chosen by the customer.
For example when approaching in a tight area, I find it very inconvenient and slow to scroll and search for the 360 camera button.
I agree volvo shoud give us a digital button on the beginning screen that we can program ourself...360 cam or parking in or whatever we like....can't be that hard

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Notice the Polestar 2 and XC40 Rwvhstge with the new Android system appear to have screen layouts that will allow more customization and more displayed at one time. I don’t want physical button....I’d appreciate a few more direct access buttons on the screen however.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Cross Country and all new 2022 models don't have that switch anymore.

Its gone Volvo took it out for good. Next will be the exhaust pipes and so on an so forward.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Dump idea!!! What's the alternative?

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk
Agree but it might be picture of the car with less options. This picture doesn't prof anything. I saw a lot of Euro cars for spa that was missing that where in US its was standard.Plus volvo USA website only has 2021 cars .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Agree but it might be picture of the car with less options. This picture doesn't prof anything. I saw a lot of Euro cars for spa that was missing that where in US its was standard.Plus volvo USA website only has 2021 cars .
There are no less options for something that was on all the cars and not a option on a trim level R Design. Any person buying 2022 will have different car from 2021 and no option for Osmium Grey.

·
Registered
854 Posts
There are no less options for something that was on all the cars and not a option on a trim level R Design. Any person buying 2022 will have different car from 2021 and no option for Osmium Grey.
Yes there is in Russia S90 had no sunroof no foldable seats no LED head lights no selector for drive modes no auto pilot in base trim and 2nd trim options only after 3rd trim you would get that while in US its all standard. on any s90. even Warranty 3 years or 100k KM. You dont go to the dealer for 3 years you warranty is void. There is tons of differences btwn US and other countries and some of them are huge. Its same like bmw in Germany you can have nothing at all while in US 50% of options will be standard.
Below that looks like drive mode switch to me on 2022 v90cc

·
Registered
656 Posts
If the switch and other features are being phased out it may not be because Volvo is being cheap. Rather, Volvo, like many other OEMs are facing chip shortages that are causing production shut downs and the deletion of various features so that OEMs can keep production lines running and product moving out the door. This has impacted not only US manufacturers, but also those in Europe and Asia.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes there is in Russia S90 had no sunroof no foldable seats no LED head lights no selector for drive modes no auto pilot in base trim and 2nd trim options only after 3rd trim you would get that while in US its all standard. on any s90. even Warranty 3 years or 100k KM. You dont go to the dealer for 3 years you warranty is void. There is tons of differences btwn US and other countries and some of them are huge. Its same like bmw in Germany you can have nothing at all while in US 50% of options will be standard.
Below that looks like drive mode switch to me on 2022 v90cc

View attachment 124098
What i show to you guys its a official link to UK Volvo V60 i can give you the link for all the models if you want to check. I don't think the erase of the switch is connected to any shortage but a pure electric move. This switch was taken out on 2022 versions and you will have another way to access to the driving modes. Some features are sold differently from country to country and the year updates arrive not at the same time. One thing seems like its true to every mode no more Osmium Grey and no more driving mode switch there could be more.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If the switch and other features are being phased out it may not be because Volvo is being cheap. Rather, Volvo, like many other OEMs are facing chip shortages that are causing production shut downs and the deletion of various features so that OEMs can keep production lines running and product moving out the door. This has impacted not only US manufacturers, but also those in Europe and Asia.
I don't think its because of that but i read that in the case of the trucks there was a lot of delay. Volvo its not getting cheap but correcting stuff its normal specially when things don't work well like the paddle shifters. The speed limited its a safety solution and i see now other brands doing the same. One thing that im not happy with its the infotainment update since it was supposed to affect all the modelsin 2022 and its not happening.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts