SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Protective plate beneath engine - V90 Cross Country 2018 - Volvo Cars Accessories

Recently got a coupon from VCNA and decided to purchase the skid plate for my V90 CC.
Its much beefier than the stock carpet style splashguard. Installation was pretty easy if you’re handy, the instructions from Volvo are linked here. Installation instructions I highly suggest the ”special drill bit” ( part# 9814112) to make it easier when drilling out the square holes where the plastic inserts are for the screws from the standard splashguard. It looks like a standard drillbit you could buy from Harbor freight the pictures of it are below, The Volvo one even included a hanger for the pegboard. Once I had the holes drilled I used paint and even put in some cavity wax to prevent any corrosion.
There are nutserts included with the installation kit used for mounting, I ordered this kit off of Amazon instead of buying the Volvo tool. Nutsert tool

Overall I’m pretty pleased with this for about 350 bucks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
👍

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I have ordered mine, thank for the instructions.

Reactions: rem0018

·
Registered
83 Posts
Is there access for oil change with the skid plate installed, or do you need to drop it to access filter and drain plug?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there access for oil change with the skid plate installed, or do you need to drop it to access filter and drain plug?
Nope, you got to drop it.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Does the dealer charge more for service?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Strange - one would think they could have designed in an access panel for that.
The plastic panel it replaces also needs to be dropped for oil changes. Plus, a skid plate wouldn't be of much use if it left a weak spot (or opening) right at one of the most vulnerable and easily punctured spots.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Juste got mine.

Do I need to.buy hardware???

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Juste got mine.

Do I need to.buy hardware???
Mine came with hardware but you will need the “special” drill bit (probably can pick this up at a harbor freight) and the nutsert tool.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Mine came with hardware but you will need the “special” drill bit (probably can pick this up at a harbor freight) and the nutsert tool.
Mine has zero hardware :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts