SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I may be shopping for a V90 here in the next couple of months, but considering they are so rare in real life, it is making my research a lot harder. I even went to a Volvo dealership and it seemed like I already knew more than the rep that helped me.

One small thing that confuses me is exterior trim. Sometimes it black, and sometimes it is chrome. As far as I can tell it is always black on the CC. However, on the R-Design (which is the model I'm considering the most) I've seen both. Was this a change between Model Year 2018 to 2019? Is it an option of some sort?

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:) thanks for the help guys. I'm still confused though. Schmitty's link is a 2019 RDesign and it has black trim.

·
Registered
2019 S60 R Design, Fusion Red, Fully Loaded
502 Posts
:) thanks for the help guys. I'm still confused though. Schmitty's link is a 2019 RDesign and it has black trim.
Unless I am looking at something different than the rest of you, that car clearly has silver trim and mirror caps.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yeah, definitely silver trim and mirror caps on that link. 2020 is the first and only year so far that the black trim surround and mirror caps were available on the non-cross-country V90's. Scroll through some of the photos. Although it is obvious in all that the mirror caps are silver, the first few pics do kinda look like the silver window trim is black due to the shadows. In the later photos, it is pretty clear that its in fact silver.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. You're right, about that link. It must have been the shadows in the first couple of pics.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
R-Design models received satin chrome trim up until 2020, when the R-Design models switched to gloss black trim. Inscriptions remain Chrome across all model years. Same changes apply to all Volvo models from 2020 on. The 2019 S/V60's brought over the first of this change for the R-Design trims.
Do you live in the future? :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts