SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends

I drive a 2007 V8 which has been good to me so far. Only been driving it for around 15.000km. I have noticed that it has a bit of hesitation or what you want to call it when starting up. It takes around two seconds to start up after I turn the key. I put in a new battery (a good one, forgot the numbers) but it didn't help. I cant tell if my starter is bad of if it just takes a little bit to crank this big engine. I made a little youtube video, so judge for your self.

My car is under warranty so if you guys think its the starter I'd want to get it fixed asap.

·
Registered
2005 XC90 V8, IPD sways and endlinks, currently shod with Pirelli Scorpion Verde
550 Posts
Our 2005 V8 starts faster than this - maybe within one sec of turning key. (Also, we don't have the three tone chime in your video). IIRC, the V8's ignition key activates an automatic starting mechanism; i.e. once turned, you don't have to hold the key in the starting position to get the starter motor to engage. Maybe there's something wrong with this circuit / mechanism rather than the starter motor per se ?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I never knew about the automatic starter. It actually seems a little better when using the right method. I think this may have fixed the problem.

Not sure about the oil viscosity. I will have to look (I'm not with the car ATM).
The little chime is my dashcam turning on.

Thanks.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I never knew about it either until I inadvertently turned the key past ACC for a split second and it started. But I had never held the key on too long before to notice.
Its the same as a push button start without the button.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.