SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to upgrade at least the front calipers, pads, and discs on my V8 S80. Ideally I'd like a 2-piece discs for heat dissipation.

My car is lowered quite a bit on Elevate springs, and I have stock 18" Volvo Zubra wheels to use for winter. Being lowered, there isn't a whole lot of room between the front tyre and fender, but I am considering wheel spacers, even mild ones, to accommodate 4 or 6 piston calipers.

I have a few questions:
  1. Are there any known "kits" available?
  2. Does anyone else have the 4C and Elevate springs and wheel spacers? Your experience with this? How big can you go with spacers?
  3. I was also thinking about doing an aftermarket kit on the front as mentioned above, and doing an S60r conversion on the rear. Any advice on this is appreciated :)

Thanks guys for your time in responding.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Contact [email protected]. He set me up with a complete S60R kit that replaced my 2001S80T6 parts. The original wheels would not clear the R Calipers, so I used R Wheels - Pegasus - which I much prefered anyway. He's still doing kits of some kind, he should be able to do somethng for you.

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
You going for looks or performance?

If performance I'd like to know what sort of track days you're doing where you're actually getting the OEM setup to fade (assume you have fresh fluid/pads already)?

With OEM wheels (55mm ET) you can fit 15mm spacers just fine (or a 40mm ET wheel).

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
Contact [email protected]. He set me up with a complete S60R kit that replaced my 2001S80T6 parts. The original wheels would not clear the R Calipers, so I used R Wheels - Pegasus - which I much prefered anyway. He's still doing kits of some kind, he should be able to do somethng for you.
The P2 R front brakes are 330mm, smaller than the S80 V8 336mm brakes... so that would be a "small brake kit" haha! :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
A bit off topic (ok, very off topic), but I was wanting to upgrade my 2007 S80's front-end look by replacing the stock solid black fog light covers and the black lower air intake with the nicer "chromed rail" version as seen in the OP's picture of his car. Problem is, I can't seem to find any replacement parts like this in my limited searching.

Anybody have a good source for these??

·
Registered
462 Posts

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
A bit off topic (ok, very off topic), but I was wanting to upgrade my 2007 S80's front-end look by replacing the stock solid black fog light covers and the black lower air intake with the nicer "chromed rail" version as seen in the OP's picture of his car. Problem is, I can't seem to find any replacement parts like this in my limited searching.

Anybody have a good source for these??
Funny, I hate the chrome and have blacked/removed all of it on the front of my car.
Except for the V8 badge... :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts