SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

I changed the new original ignition coil and has not had any effect. Fairly new original plugs.
One press of the accelerator pedal and counter says over 500 misfires. Runs and starts pretty nice. Butt dyno feels sometimes little jerking.

What can cause this?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Sounds like a bad ignition coil. I will get misfires, but the counter will read 1-2 then back to zero. and very randomly. On my S40, I had a bad coil and the counter just started counting up to around 400, nonstop. I swapped the coil with the one beside it and the problem moved with the coil. Give that a shot and see if the problem moves.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I also have a similar issue with cylinder 7. I swapped the coil and spark plug around with cylinder 5 and it didn't move. I've cleaned the coil grounds, MAF and Throttle body as well. Mine only happens in high RPMs and 80% or more throttle. Anything else I should be checking?

·
Registered
445 Posts
I also have a similar issue with cylinder 7. I swapped the coil and spark plug around with cylinder 5 and it didn't move. I've cleaned the coil grounds, MAF and Throttle body as well. Mine only happens in high RPMs and 80% or more throttle. Anything else I should be checking?
Not to rain on your parade.....but have you checked compression? Sounds like a burned valve if it isn't an injector

·
Registered
384 Posts
Not to rain on your parade.....but have you checked compression? Sounds like a burned valve if it isn't an injector
I’m in the process of replacing all 8 injectors. Waiting on parts to come right now.

I don’t think it could be a valve or compression related since it’s intermittent. Sometimes it runs perfect and other times it misfires. I feel like if it was compression it would run like crap all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For me, new injectors helped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts