SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I'm a bit worried I might have a coolant leak, MY07 S80 V8. I got a low coolant level warning in the dashboard about three weeks ago. I filled it and today I checked the level which was nearing minimum again. No warning yet but definitely lower than when I filled it so I filled it again.

Is there anything I can do myself to troubleshoot this or do I have to have it looked at? I'm guessing it's just a leak somewhere since I a) couldn't smell anything resembling exhaust fumes in the expansion tank (indicative of a blown or leaking head gasket) b) it's only lost approximately half of the difference between max and min which I'd say isn't too much over the I think over 1000 km (625 mi) I've done since.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump... nobody has any clue? I've heard about adding dyes to trace leaks but maybe that applies to AC gas only, or is it something you could do yourself on a potential coolant leak? I'm guessing the coolant should leave residue at and near the leak source.

Registered
Bump... nobody has any clue? I've heard about adding dyes to trace leaks but maybe that applies to AC gas only, or is it something you could do yourself on a potential coolant leak? I'm guessing the coolant should leave residue at and near the leak source.
Was it a lot colder weather when the light came on?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not really, no. 5-10掳 C maybe (40-50 F)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts