SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Re: v70xc foglights (atct86)

It's possible that your dealer might be able to program that. I assume you mean when you turn them on, they stay on (automatically when you restart the car) or with no headlights on etc.? I'd check with your dealer to see if that's one of the settings they can change on your car.<p>If not, it's a matter of rewiring I'd assume.<p>Welcome to Swedespeed by the way.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Re: v70xc foglights (atct86)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Is there any way to make my foglights stay on all the time?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>What do you mean specifically? There are a couple of options through VADIS (Volvo Aftersales Diagnostic and Information System) but, having foglights stay on all the time isn't one of them. Also, VADIS does not allow you to have foglights on with no low-beams.<p>The reason the foglights in your Volvo turn off after you turn off the car, is of course for safety reasons. Rewiring is the only option I think for P2 cars because of the multiplex system, but there might be some Euro VADIS programs that offer what you are looking for, I am not sure.<p>-Drew

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: v70xc foglights ([email protected])

My US-spec '02 V70XC will run front and rear foglights with the parking lights, i.e. no headlights.<p>What I'd like to know is how to keep the front foglights on when you switch from low-beams to high-beams. Anyone?

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Re: v70xc foglights (Support Vehicle)

Technically, most state laws prohibit eithe foglights on without taillights (thus when headlights are turned off) or foglights with high beams. That's why the cars are the way they are, so they are legal in all states. I'd check local laws if you want your car to be compliant.<p>As for what VADIS allows for. I'm not sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts