SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my father owns the 2000 v70xc and his birthday is coming up and i wanted to get him a new ECU chip that either boosts his hp/mpg or both if possible if anyone has any info it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
188 Posts
boosts his hp and his mpg? I hear those vornado intakes charger can do that for you! Or maybe the turbonator. <p>But in all seriousness there is loads of info on this search some more and you will find a wealth of information. Speedtuning, Upsolute, Ipd/MTE, Rica, and others all make chips. I'd rank them in the listed order from worst to best. Ironically thats also how they are priced from cheapest to most expensive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright the ipd system i like but i dont want to destroy his mpgs, does anyone have any solid before and after numbers?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (camoner)

The problem is this.<br>Volvo has the new recall/ECU flash that "saves" the ETB for oversimplification<br>ALL 99s thru 01s get this when it goes into a Volvo shop. This will wipe out the IPD flash, making you send it back for another flash.<br>IPD is NOT going to redo theirs as they believe that their flash already has some of this incorperated into their program. So your dad will have to stay away from a dealer period or not use any ECU mod.<br>Since the car IS<B> your fathers</B>, I would get this idea out of your head.<br>You may lose 1 MPG if any. Also, his car will be down for at least 3 days as the ECU must be shipped to OR. No other way around this

1 - 4 of 4 Posts