SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have a '99 R.... Aside from the IPD motronic unit, what else can I do? I heard that the true dual exhaust from IPD can't or shouldn't be installed (this is what the dealer told me) because it was designed for XC and other non-R 4wd's.... Is this true? Does anyone know if supersprit makes a dual cat back system? I'm itching to do some mod son my beauty....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a '99 V70RAWD and read sometime back on another board of someone doing the dual exhaust conversion. I don't generally have much faith in dealer opinions of aftermarket mods. I think one option was to have an exhaust shop tap off the driver's side muffler/resonator, running a pipe back to an OEM Volvo exhaust tip after cutting out the driver side blank in the bumper.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a v70r awd, with the ipd chip, ipd dual exhaust, and turbo wastegate adjustment. I had ipd adjust the wastegate on my turbo and found this to be the biggest benefit for power of all the modifications. My car is extremely fast as compared to stock. Ipd does not recommend the chip without the exhaust. I highly recommend the ipd chip and exhaust, the quality is unsurpassed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts