SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're heading to the Valley for a job in the near future. Is anyone on here familiar with the Las Vegas Volvo dealer? Should we look for an independent shop? We're shipping the car out with brand new Goodyear tires on it - should I also ship out the set of extra wheels with the Goodyear snow tires? I know it doesn't snow in Las Vegas, but I wonder whether traveleing into the mountains requires snow tires? <br>Thanks for the thoughts guys!<br>

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Re: V70R - Volvo Dealer - Las Vegas - Snow Tires ?? (BUFFALOBOB)

Depends what kind of tires it has on it now. Summer tires are a no no in any amount of snow or very cold weather. You're from Buffalo so I assume you're familiar with driving in snow and what kind of tires you need?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Re: V70R - Volvo Dealer - Las Vegas - Snow Tires ?? (PhilUp)

Nice to see someone from buffalo on here. I grew up in Cheektowaga.<p>Depends on the tire. I can't imagine needing anything more than A/S unless you're going into the mountains to ski.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Re: V70R - Volvo Dealer - Las Vegas - Snow Tires ?? (BeerEngineer)

Well if you plan on making any trips to Lake Tahoe or Mammouth mountian ( So Cal) during the winter months you are going to need snow tires. I just purchased my R and the owner lived in Denver and he gave me a set of the rims/tires since I told him i would be doing alot of driving over donner summit. Awesome for me as the summer tires would not fair well in this snow. <p>Being from Buffalo, ( i grew up in NYC and later lived in Rochester) you will be AMAZED at how some people in the region cant drive in the snow and show stay home).Congrats on moving to Vegas... <p>Cant comment on volvo dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts