SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been driving an '04 V70R for a couple of years now. Still have ~1 yr left on the lease. I've started looking around for what to drive next, and even talked to a dealer about a trade-in. He offered me $25K as a starting point. Seems very lowball to me - but was wondering what the wholesale price is these days? Anyone know?

My Car: '04 V70R, 19K miles, Premium Package, Touring Package, Climate Package, Nav system, integrated child booster seats, GT. Black / Nordkap.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: V70R - Trade in value?? (Kaizai)

KBB says 27K - 28K, but in my experience KBB has not been accurate w.r.t. what the wholesale/auction value of the car is. It's also my understanding that the wholesale/auction value of the car is what really tends to set trade-in value. I'm happy to be disabused of any my "errant" understandings.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Re: V70R - Trade in value?? (Tigers81)

The wholesale figure doesn't take into account specific options that is why I recommended KBB. And this is a national #

24k-26.4k

·
Registered
807 Posts
Re: V70R - Trade in value?? (RickTu)

Quote, originally posted by RickTu »
I've been driving an '04 V70R for a couple of years now. Still have ~1 yr left on the lease. I've started looking around for what to drive next, and even talked to a dealer about a trade-in. He offered me $25K as a starting point. Seems very lowball to me - but was wondering what the wholesale price is these days? Anyone know?

My Car: '04 V70R, 19K miles, Premium Package, Touring Package, Climate Package, Nav system, integrated child booster seats, GT. Black / Nordkap.

Thanks for any info.

I was offered $23K when the car was 18 months old and had 18K miles. I kind of laughed at them since my 3 year/45K residual was 27K, but they would not budge.

Of course, no sunroof, manual transmission, flash green with atacama probably is not that easy to sell.

·
Registered
21,025 Posts
Re: V70R - Trade in value?? (e1618978)

Quote, originally posted by e1618978 »
Of course, no sunroof, manual transmission, flash green with atacama probably is not that easy to sell.

I don't think that even a sunroof would help the resale of this color combo.....at least on a trade in. There are few dealers that would take a chance on FG without a deep discount.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Re: V70R - Trade in value?? (RickTu)

I'd be interested at what people agree on here, an intesting combo with Nav and booster seats. It's a GT though which is too bad but being a V70 instead of an S60 should also count for a bit. Maybe a hair less than Barry's car from a few months ago.

·
Registered
63,013 Posts
Re: V70R - Trade in value?? (e1618978)

Quote, originally posted by e1618978 »

Ya think?

·
Registered
63,013 Posts
Re: V70R - Trade in value?? (kenschel)

Quote, originally posted by kenschel »

this source said $29k plus for mine on trade-in (V70R, all options except nav)...while I'd love to believe that, it seems high
In your dreams
One just sold at Manheim for 23,800, 34K miles Ti Grey V70R
Trade in is LOWER than Manheim sale prices

·
Registered
63,013 Posts
Re: V70R - Trade in value?? (MagoonR)

24K mileage for an 04 really isn't high. (Some) 04Rs are almost 3 years old now

·
Registered
63,013 Posts
Re: (DrewN209CA)

Quote, originally posted by DrewN209CA »
I traded my 04 red w gobi in last month... all options, 18's, manual, Immaculate condition, less than 10K miles... haggled and haggled to get 24.5 for it ...
That's about right for 10K miles

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Re: (JRL)

As JRL knows, I went through this with my 16k mile 2005 V70R 6MT back in December. Everyone who saw it said it "showed as new". My BMW dealer did not want to do a trade on it since their Volvo store didn't want the car saying the R's were poor sellers especially with a 6MT. They ended up offering 25.5k when pressed to give a value. Carmax guy was blown away at how perfect the car was...came back with 26k offer after a couple of hours working on it. I ended up selling the car to an independent dealer for $30k. He offered it for $33,900 and sold it for something less than that I believe. Trade-in on a 2004 V70R is going to be somewhere just barely over $20k imo...maybe $22.5k at best -- this is for a "pure" trade-in where you've already negotiated the best price on the new car.

·
Registered
21,025 Posts
Re: V70R - Trade in value?? (JRL)

Quote, originally posted by JRL »
(Some) 04Rs are almost 3 years old now

I agree. However, it is a MY04 so it is a two year old car for mileage and resale purposes.

Quote, originally posted by DrewN209CA »
I traded my 04 red w gobi in last month... all options, 18's, manual, Immaculate condition, less than 10K miles... haggled and haggled to get 24.5 for it ...

Sad indeed. And sadder yet, two weeks after you convinced yourself to get the S80 Premier, you're trying to sell it.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Re: V70R - Trade in value?? (JRL)

Quote, originally posted by JRL »
In your dreams
One just sold at Manheim for 23,800, 34K miles Ti Grey V70R
Trade in is LOWER than Manheim sale prices

yes, that's why I said "while I'd love to believe that, it seems high"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.