SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The middle row (back seat) speaker on the driver's side of my 2004 V70R sounds terrible. I took it out and verified that it's the speaker rattling and not something in the door. I can flex the body of the speaker and make the noise come and go. <p>Any body else have this problem?<p>Anybody upgrade their V70R and want to sell a speaker?<p>Thanks!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Re: V70R speaker (shelby_sho)

Did you try getting it replaced under warranty?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did try getting the dealer to fix the problem. I set them up with a audio disk that made it very easy to hear the issue. When I picked the car up the service manager said that they had found the problem and added some sound material to stop the rattle. <p>There was no change. The speaker sounded the same as it did before I took it in. The speaker had not been removed from the door and no additional sound material was in the door when I took the speaker out. <p>Not sure what they'll do now that I've removed the speaker. I really don't like having other people work on my car...It might be worth it to me just to pay for the speaker and put it in myself.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Re: (shelby_sho)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>shelby_sho</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I did try getting the dealer to fix the problem. I set them up with a audio disk that made it very easy to hear the issue. When I picked the car up the service manager said that they had found the problem and added some sound material to stop the rattle. <p>There was no change. The speaker sounded the same as it did before I took it in. The speaker had not been removed from the door and no additional sound material was in the door when I took the speaker out. <br></TD></TR></TABLE><p>Ah... You mean the lied to you about doing the work, and probably charged Volvo for doing it at the same time. I'd rub their faces in it if I were you. That or make a stink with corporate.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't go so far as to say that they lied to me. I think they took the door skin off, decided I was hearing things (or maybe flexed the speaker enough that it momentarily stopped making noise) and then sent me on my way. <p>They work by the hour and don't have the time I have to sit and play around with it.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (shelby_sho)

I just had to replace a speaker that wasn't working, they're not all that expensive

1 - 8 of 8 Posts