SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The middle row (back seat) speaker on the driver's side of my 2004 V70R sounds terrible. I took it out and verified that it's the speaker rattling and not something in the door. I can flex the body of the speaker and make the noise come and go.

Any body else have this problem?

Anybody upgrade their V70R and want to sell a speaker?

Thanks!

· Registered
1,901 Posts
Re: V70R speaker (shelby_sho)

Did you try getting it replaced under warranty?

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did try getting the dealer to fix the problem. I set them up with a audio disk that made it very easy to hear the issue. When I picked the car up the service manager said that they had found the problem and added some sound material to stop the rattle.

There was no change. The speaker sounded the same as it did before I took it in. The speaker had not been removed from the door and no additional sound material was in the door when I took the speaker out.

Not sure what they'll do now that I've removed the speaker. I really don't like having other people work on my car...It might be worth it to me just to pay for the speaker and put it in myself.

· Registered
1,648 Posts
Re: (shelby_sho)

Quote, originally posted by shelby_sho »
I did try getting the dealer to fix the problem. I set them up with a audio disk that made it very easy to hear the issue. When I picked the car up the service manager said that they had found the problem and added some sound material to stop the rattle.

There was no change. The speaker sounded the same as it did before I took it in. The speaker had not been removed from the door and no additional sound material was in the door when I took the speaker out.

Ah... You mean the lied to you about doing the work, and probably charged Volvo for doing it at the same time. I'd rub their faces in it if I were you. That or make a stink with corporate.

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't go so far as to say that they lied to me. I think they took the door skin off, decided I was hearing things (or maybe flexed the speaker enough that it momentarily stopped making noise) and then sent me on my way.

They work by the hour and don't have the time I have to sit and play around with it.

· Registered
63,013 Posts
Re: (shelby_sho)

I just had to replace a speaker that wasn't working, they're not all that expensive

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.