SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello swedespeed. I recently bought a 2006 v70r and later found out that there is a water leak somewhere from the drivers side quarter panel window. I know the window was replaced so I wonder if the job wasn't done properly and window wasn't sealed tightly. I tried to google and youtube the removal of that L shaped trim(molding) that goes around the window, but no luck finding any info. Did anyone ever took that trim off? If so or if anyone knows where I can find more info on how to remove the trim without breaking tabs or clips on it, can you guys guide me on that? Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
I'm not sure if it can be removed separate from the window. A lot of the trim on these newer Volvos can't. I haven't been in to a V70 window yet so I don't know.

Easiest way to find out for yourself is to go to a junkyard and just pry on one there, you'll find out quickly how it's attached. Best part is it doesn't cost you anything.

Also you can remove some or all of the INSIDE rear window trim, then pour water over the window and watch for leaks from the inside, if you just want to trace the leak. The other common leak point is the sunroof drains.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure if it can be removed separate from the window. A lot of the trim on these newer Volvos can't. I haven't been in to a V70 window yet so I don't know.

Easiest way to find out for yourself is to go to a junkyard and just pry on one there, you'll find out quickly how it's attached. Best part is it doesn't cost you anything.

Also you can remove some or all of the INSIDE rear window trim, then pour water over the window and watch for leaks from the inside, if you just want to trace the leak. The other common leak point is the sunroof drains.
Thanks for the reply. That's what some people on the v70 forum say as well.
I was thinking about just going to pick and pull yard and try prying one of those trims off to find out lol

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello swedespeed. I recently bought a 2006 v70r and later found out that there is a water leak somewhere from the drivers side quarter panel window. I know the window was replaced so I wonder if the job wasn't done properly and window wasn't sealed tightly. I tried to google and youtube the removal of that L shaped trim(molding) that goes around the window, but no luck finding any info. Did anyone ever took that trim off? If so or if anyone knows where I can find more info on how to remove the trim without breaking tabs or clips on it, can you guys guide me on that? Thanks everyone!
Quick update. I sealed around the window from the inside with some automotive caulking and seems like that fixed the problem. At least when I tested it. I have yet to test in the rain season. Good thing it was simple and I didnt have to take the window off.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Mine had a leak in the same location and it was the sunroof drain that was behind the 2nd-row seat bolster. It had somehow pulled out of the rubber nipple just enough to leak.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts