SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has specific detail on what parts on a V70R are differnt from the othe V70s. I know there are engine, brake and suspension differences but what exactly are the parts involved?

·
Administrator
55,949 Posts
Re: V70R parts list? (thebeezer)

As far as engine internals the pistons are different, lower compression. I believe the high pressure turbo differs slightly from the hpt on the T5 -- someone else may know more details on the engine internals and turbo configuration.

Here's some distinctive 2000R info, many are similar on '98s & '99s
- distinctive front spoiler, R-style bumper and fog lamps
- Special "R" alloy wheels - dark graphite alloy
- Supple leather and diamond-stitched alcantara suede upholstery
- Leather covered shifter and thicker leather rimmed steering wheel
- blue tone instrument cluster
- alloy instrument panel trim
- 261hp/258 ft lbs - 8.5:1 compression, dual exhaust on the U.S. 2000s
- 5spd automatic on the 2000s with 2.54 final drive
- Laser Blue Metallic and Saffron Pearl were R only colors
- 8 way power adjustable passenger seat
- automated awd with viscous coupling, Traction Control System standard
- 200watt SC-900 premium sound system with Dolby Pro-Logic Surround Sound- surround sound was an option.
- homelink standard
- power glass sunroof was standard

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: V70R parts list? (83caddy16v)

That's some good info Caddy, I'd like to start cataloguing this info because I need to be educated on this car as even some Volvo dealers make mistakes on these cars when in the shop. I use an independent so I really need to stay on top or the parts ordering.

I'd really like as much mechanical and suspension info if anyone can add to this. I know the suspension is different from the T5.

As far as the differences between my 99 and your 00 R

Mine has 247HP don't know the torque or compression ration
Has the 4 speed automatic
No homelink - what is that? Maybe not available in Canada
16" wheels no "R" not a big fan of the 99 wheels - like the 98 and 00 R wheels better
Does not come with dual exhaust but I added the 00 R exhaust.

·
Administrator
55,949 Posts
Re: V70R parts list? (thebeezer)

HomeLink eliminates the need to have a garage door opener, security gate opener or home lighting type of things. There are 3 programmable buttons on the driver's sun visor.

Looks something like this:

Here's a link, you may be able to add a small button controller to your sunvisor: http://www.homelink.com/home/home.tml

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.