SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,<P>what do you guys think, what's the maximum boost pressure to be used in a 2000 V70R?<P>TME states that with older models you need to have stronger connecting rods to get over 1.05 bar (15psi). <P>"Dont even think of running 1.3 bar (19 psi) with stock connecting rods because that will damage the rods."<P>When I asked TME about my engine and if I needed to upgrade my connecting rods / pistons they just told me that "it's stronger built than the other turbo engines". This is true, I know that, but how much boost can my engine handle without problems? Anyone?<P>

·
Registered
353 Posts
The 2000's have FACTORY strenghtend rods and pistons, along with a 19T turbo and 420cc injectors, these cars can handle HARDCORE boost levels. This is the car that when chipped puts out over 310 flywheel hp(guestimate from ipd) and peaks at 20 psi, so umm, yeah, have fun man, you sure won't lose traction with the awd.

·
Registered
353 Posts
The 2000's have FACTORY strenghtend rods and pistons, along with a 19T turbo and 420cc injectors, these cars can handle HARDCORE boost levels. This is the car that when chipped puts out over 310 flywheel hp(guestimate from ipd) and peaks at 20 psi, so umm, yeah, have fun man, you sure won't lose traction with the awd. I'm sure you can handle constant levels of 18+ psi since i know of 850 and 70's running constant 17's HAVE FUN!!!!!<P>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts